New in more ways than 1.

chindian

Hey Everyone.

Not really sure how to start these things but I browsed this forum for about 30 minutes, checking out some of the various topics, transformations, and it's inspired me to join.

I'm 30 and I'm not sure if I'm a vegan yet but I have cut all meat out of my diet (as of Jan 1st, 2008). I'm still consuming dairy and eggs. For 27 years of my life, I ate meat, okay maybe 25, I don't think newborns eat meat, but I can't be sure. I was born in Malaysia and in 1977, who knows what could have happened. From 2000-2003 I was a vegetarian so I think I can do it again this time around. Hopefully I'm wiser and have stronger discipline.

Currently living in Toronto, enjoying the cold (not really), I find myself stuck indoors after work (unless I'm out socializing). I don't have a gym membership, they're too expensive. My current fitness regiment includes doing push ups every other day, sit-ups when I remember, playing PS3 almost every night, walking down the stairs and out the door for a smoke, and well, walking everywhere I go. I don't drive very often and I haven't yet bought a bicycle. During the warmer months I jog every other day for about 30 minutes.

Now onto the real reason I'm here, well I'd like to learn more about vegan diet to build some muscle. See I'm 6' tall and weigh 160lbs on a good day, 155lbs on a bad day but I've got this dream of trying out for the Fire Department here and I'm sure I'll get an A for effort the way I am, that's just not good enough. I have always wanted a surfers body and have considered moving to Surfers Paradise to achieve this but I shouldn't have to get drastic.

Anyway, enough blabbering, hello everyone, I look forward to growing big and sharing the journey with you as I learn from you.

Welcome to the forum

As for your weight...most surfers that are 6' are probably close to the same weight as you are. They just take photos next to others their same weight so they look big since they're lean. Actually most of the taller surfers are really thin...really only the short ones have a lot of muscle.

here's a picture of my home gym setup

The perfect pushup things in the background and the 2 pails setup with a clothes hanger rod for my Aussie chin-ups. I also stack the 2 pails, they equal about 80lbs together and I do arm curls with that...

yeah, i'm cheap :P

http://kelvin.soulshockgroup.com/pics/homegym.jpg

That's awesome

I just realized how I can add more to my routine, using only one of the containers, I can add dips to my routine and sitting up with my arms holding the clothes rod like it's a push down tricep bar, I can lift my toosh off the ground to do tricep raises. this home gym is just awesome!! lol.

• 3 weeks later...