from South Florida

MiriV

Hey you all...been vegan since the fall of 2003...thats almost 5 years!

Its been an exiting journey full of surprises since i have experiment from eating the same thing every day for weeks, changing my diet daily to eating one 3 vegs the whole day etc.

However, i feel those days are over where i left uncertainty at chance and i now want to take care of my diet and workout plan! 2008 here i come!

Thanks for the support!

Vegygirl, my workout plan is eliptical for 40-45min...cycle for 20 and swim for one 30. Every other sun i play soccer and 2-3 times a week i try to run a mile at "8" speed on the treadmill...ball workout sometimes. I eat tofurky with tortillas, oatmeal...and fruits. I need to find a source of protein that wont make me feel too full...which was always the case.

What's your source of protein and workout plan?

[/b]

I would say yes to that but Im not quite sure...if eating 1.5-2 hand fulls of protein a day is too much then i am...i guess i should count the grams. i was on the raw diet for 3 months it seemed like i lost fat and muscle mass...when i went back to cooked i pretty much stayed average...now i would like get toned, and get my 4pk like i had when i was 19 and ate fish. Im gonna be doing a lot of reading on this this sites topics!

VeganPotter: do you have a suggestion on the amount of protein to be consumed in ratio to body weight etc? do you have a link to your diet?

I don't have a link to my diet but I eat about 1g for every 4lbs of bodyweight. Granted I'm trying to lose muscle mass but I'm failing severely. Unless your beating your body to pieces and you already have a lot of muscle mass to break down...barely anyone can actually use 1g for every 2lbs. They may think they can but they can't.