Happy Birthday Robbie Hazeley

SeaSiren

Happy Birthday Babe! Cheers!

For those who don't know .... Robbie is a really good friend of mine who resides in England, who happens to be the person who got me into competitive bodybuilding and where I am today.

He doesn't post on the boards too much, but always keeps up with what is going on here on VBF and in the vegan (and bodybuilding) world. You can find more about him here from the VBF Profiles:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_robbie

Happy Birthday Robbie!

Robbie was the first vegan athlete to ever contact me back in 2002. Back then we were the only two vegan bodybuilders anyone really knew of. Now, we have a bunch.

We gotta give Robbie some props for paving the way for a lot of us. He has been doing this a long time!

Robbie, thanks for making it happen and putting Vegan Bodybuilding on the map!

I didn't know your b-day was so close to mine. Pretty cool! Hope to see you this year. Let's train together and keep on paving a bigger road for all the up and coming stars in this industry.

Happy Birthday mate!!!!

Thank you again really touched by the post,s and big hugs to Denise for starting this thread

This is the best Vegan site on the net and one of the best as a whole,you guys/gals on here always give a warm welcome and make it feel like it,s home

I will try and post more and put some input into threads of my intrest but as Denise knows very busy at the moment and alot of my clients do not like me giving imformation away when they are paying for it so I have to be abit carfull

On the 2 mainstream bodybuilding sites where I am a expert I go under different names maybe I could sort somthing out on here to do that

Hope to meet some of you when I am in the States end of July till end of August or abit more[all depends if my host can put up with me lol]

ROBBIExxx

Hope to meet some of you when I am in the States end of July till end of August or abit more[all depends if my host can put up with me lol]

ROBBIExxx

*hugs* back

As you know I live near NO ONE! lol only tourists But I have a comp in Norfolk, Virginia, Washington DC and Trenton New Jersey the time you are stay here. So if anyone wants to meet up, perhaps one of those places would be better. BIG AR Conference in DC right over top of my Norfolk Comp, I believe several people will be there then as well

ROBBIExxx

*hugs* back

As you know I live near NO ONE! lol only tourists But I have a comp in Norfolk, Virginia, Washington DC and Trenton New Jersey the time you are stay here. So if anyone wants to meet up, perhaps one of those places would be better. BIG AR Conference in DC right over top of my Norfolk Comp, I believe several people will be there then as well

*hugs* front only please

That,s a good idea only trouble is both of us are in comp mode be warned people I am ok but Denise woo

ROBBIEx

That,s a good idea only trouble is both of us are in comp mode be warned people I am ok but Denise woo

ROBBIEx

Yeah, not only am I "blonder" than usual, I am also real quick to temper! But I did better last 'round, you'd be proud, I didn't knock one person out!

alot of my clients do not like me giving imformation away when they are paying for it so I have to be abit carfull

Sorry Robbie, but there is nothing that you have ever written that is not already widely available on the net.

On the 2 mainstream bodybuilding sites where I am a expert I go under different names maybe I could sort somthing out on here to do that

In what way are you an expert mate? From what I have seen of your training it involves no compound lifts, you fail to ever substantiate any lift that you have claimed to do:

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:02 pm Post subject: RE PIC,S Reply with quote

HI Oak pic,s will go up on vbb.org as and when I have apage there where every 2 weeks I/Pete puts up pic,s and how comp diet /training going, getting strong again pulled a 220kg d/lift for 8 reps on Sunday 100 kg squat for 10 reps at the end of a hard hard leg w/out today Body wt 220lbs and holding.VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx

....which would automatically make you British champion in your age group, and probably overall in your weight category. Having been to a few bodybuilding shows in 2005, I have seen numerous people of your age or older in better shape.

Are you so egocentric that you feel the need to post under a psuedonym in order to protect your reputation as a trainer? Why not just share the wealth, or are you concerned that your advice isn't as good as you think it is?

/flame

Jonathan

ps - sorry to anyone offended by that post, but I really hate self appointed experts, and people who make outrageous claims that they cannot back up (and clearly cannot do).

alot of my clients do not like me giving imformation away when they are paying for it so I have to be abit carfull

Sorry Robbie, but there is nothing that you have ever written that is not already widely available on the net.

No there is not but every one is individual and that,s where I come in

In what way are you an expert mate? From what I have seen of your training it involves no compound lifts, you fail to ever substantiate any lift that you have claimed to do:

I am an expert in what I do end of,compound lift,s oh yes I do but in alot of cases not needed

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:02 pm Post subject: RE PIC,S Reply with quote

HI Oak pic,s will go up on vbb.org as and when I have apage there where every 2 weeks I/Pete puts up pic,s and how comp diet /training going, getting strong again pulled a 220kg d/lift for 8 reps on Sunday 100 kg squat for 10 reps at the end of a hard hard leg w/out today Body wt 220lbs and holding.VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx

....which would automatically make you British champion in your age group, and probably overall in your weight category. Having been to a few bodybuilding shows in 2005, I have seen numerous people of your age or older in better shape.

Yes I would be if I was a power lifter.Hopfully I can get to the Bristol Vegan fair and have a play on your strongman stuff.Re you have seen better than me yes there is but I don,t why you say that,but I am the current over 50,s Mr UK so I am not doing to bad. Are you so egocentric that you feel the need to post under a psuedonym in order to protect your reputation as a trainer? Why not just share the wealth, or are you concerned that your advice isn't as good as you think it is?

I do post under psuedonym as many trainer,s do to stop getting hit by ton,s of pm,s and e-mail,s,my advice is most of the time spot on,and to give it away well where will I earn my money from then as coaching is my job and not just bb,er,s people from all sports are under my wing.

I don,t know why you attacked me as I don,t know you or you me

/flame

Jonathan

ps - sorry to anyone offended by that post, but I really hate self appointed experts, and people who make outrageous claims that they cannot back up (and clearly cannot do).

I don,t need to back up any claims I make results speak far louder,but what claims are you talking about my lift,s? if so if your ever down my way you are welcome to see me train I don,t lie I do what I do.

ROBBIE

Having been to a few bodybuilding shows in 2005, I have seen numerous people of your age or older in better shape.

That's bang out of order.

Be that may, as far as I'm aware Robbie does not arrogantly go around claiming he has the best physique amongst veterans/in his age class, he's the Number One vet and all that, so really don't see why you felt the need to make that snide and totally uncalled for remark.

As for putting videos up, you seem happy to accept the lifts of others at face value without seeing visual evidence, even allowing for the fact that Robbie claims to be able to lift some very heavy weights.

Having been to a few bodybuilding shows in 2005, I have seen numerous people of your age or older in better shape.

That's bang out of order.

Be that may, as far as I'm aware Robbie does not arrogantly go around claiming he has the best physique amongst veterans/in his age class, he's the Number One vet and all that, so really don't see why you felt the need to make that snide and totally uncalled for remark.

As for putting videos up, you seem happy to accept the lifts of others at face value without seeing visual evidence, even allowing for the fact that Robbie claims to be able to lift some very heavy weights.

I made the remark for several reasons. Firstly, he has never contributed anything to either here or veganfitness. When asked for any advice, the usual response is something along the lines of "As an expert and trainer, I can't go revealing too much".

Secondly, Robbie has made claims that are preposterous. There is no one on this forum who can deadlift 8x220kg. Take Avi Lehyani for instance. He is a competitive powerlifter in Israel. He competes at a similar weight to Robbie. He is Israeli champion in his age and weight class. He is younger than Robbie, bigger than Robbie, stronger than Robbie, yet his best deadlift is 240kg for a single. That equates to perhaps 3-4 reps at 220kg. Robbie claims to have done 8. This is a picture of Avi:

http://veganbodybuilding.com/profile_avi_1.jpg

I really REALLY cannot stand it when people make claims that are clearly false. It belittles the acheivements of those who actually work damn hard to make them. It makes a laughing stock of veganism as any one who has ever deadlifted can clearly see Robbie cannot deadlift anywhere near the weight he claims to have done.

Finally, I do believe that the only reason Robbie has placed well in any comp is that there are so few people actually doing at his age, and bodybuilding is such a fragmented sport. Dozens of federations for what is a minority sport. Does placing 3rd out of 5 suddenly make someone an expert. I mean jesus, even I have beaten more people in competition than Robbie but I am far far far from being an expert in this field.

Leaving aside the arguments about what Robbie can or cannot lift - it doesn't bother me either way as powerlifting doesn't really interest me too much - your remarks about his bodybuilding was still below the belt.

Your point would have been valid if Robbie does act the big I am, shouting his mouth off that he's the biggest and best. The fact is though, to my knowledge Robbie does not, and therefore I believe you were wrong to attack him.

I agree - I have seen bigger vets with better physiques too. The point is though, Robbie - as far as I'm aware - has never claimed that there wasn't anyone bigger or better in his class/category, and that is why I thought your comment was unnecessary.

Fair enough if you want to dispute Robbie's powerlifting claims, and the fact that you consider he could contribute more to the vegan strength forums. I just think you could still have made those points without having to resort to basically belittling Robbie's bodybuilding achievements in the process.