Do you have a favorite houseplant?

Lean and Green

Plant based diets and nature go hand in hand as well as caring for plants and raising them. They're like my babies since I don't have any...

I thought perhaps if we created a thread that was meant for everyone to post a picture of their favorite houseplant, it might generate some interest.

Just to keep things exciting, The Wolfe man spoke of providing a year's supply of ormus infused plant meal for the winner, if we got enough people to post! Lest we not forget that those plants raised with ormus really blossom much better than others

Hell anyhow, here is mine. This plant was given to me by the mother of a past love about 7 years ago. Not only has it stood the test of time but it has outflourished every other plant I have every had. Plus last summer it really grew. All the growth on the bottom is brand new. 3 more stalks out the bottom. Though I haven't spoke to anyone in her family or her for years and year, this plant remains a fixture.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4089/p1010849fu7.jpg

anyone else have a favorite plant that they nurture, love, sing to and care for, please share.

I used to always have peacelilys in my house, I haven't owned one in about a year but I think those are my favorite house plants.... right now I've got a christmas cactus and I am wanting to get a good aloe plant I don't have any pictures right now, maybe later!

a cool ginger root that sprouted and i just threw in a pot, now the plant is about three feet tall

That's wonderful man! I do not have much luck growing sprouted produce.

I tried to plant a garlic bulb that sprouted (it should grow... right?) but I suspect Bunnicula may have been lurking around and sucked it dry.

Also, every since I visited Sunfood Nutrition in Cali I wanted to grow an avocado plant. Everyone at the shop told me that the avocado plant inside the store was grown by Mr. David "Avocado" Wolfe himself and the peculiar part about it is that all his employees told me they tried to plant their own but no one was able to grow one. I wanted to grow one after hearing that to end the curse of the Wolfe but alas, after 5 tries, I gave up. They would sprout a wee bit and never grow....

I have a bamboo plant. I've had it for years, and even when I forget to water it it stays alive. Now it sounds like I'm trying to kill my plant lol. I suggest that if you want a plant that will stay alive get a bamboo plant. It's been close to 10 years since I've had it.

I do not have a green thumb. My favorite plant is any plant that I can't kill. LOL Actually the one plant that I own that has grown and flurished is my aloe vera plant. Luckily I have never used my plant for medicinal purposes. It makes me feel good knowing I have it just in case. I burned my leg once on a motorcycle muffler. An aloe vera plant came to my rescue for such a bad burn.

• 7 months later...

This palm was given to me by a friend who moved, to Sacremento. It has survived my tyrannical reign, and one repotting for over 17 years.

http://i33.tinypic.com/13yjfid.jpg

This Plant arrangement I started a little over a year ago. There is a Peace Lily at the bottom and to the left of the Chinese Evergreen, but it's not that visable amoungst the Silver Vine (Money Plant, Devil's Ivy, Epipremnum aureum,). The trellis is only about a month old as the original one became to small.

http://i36.tinypic.com/rbf77t.jpg

• 1 month later...

Beautiful VeganJoe! I love the pothos / devil's ivy, they grow and grow. Recent additions to the fam: a snake plant. air plant, long succulent, more spider plants and my fave from atop keeps making more babys off the bottom, a tricolor rubber tree, two crotons, a cool tropical plant, long ivy from a party, oh yeah and HANSEL our christmas tree in a pot that well keep outdoors year round and eventually plant outdoors I am currently sprouting a mango see and avocado seed and several papaya and date seeds. Much more to come and pics as well. Also plotting a huge garden outdoors for spring of next year. Life is good, I <3 plants