Baseball player goes veg

I'm not trying to diss America but holy crap.. There are a lot of fat people there. Everytime I got to the states I'm amazed by the vast quantities of food.. I went to a Burger King once when I was a teenager and they had 3 sizes of burgers.. Regular, Large, and King. I ordered a regular and it was huge. I got the chicken burger and it was full of fat and I wanted to vomit.

Canada is getting pretty bad now too, but I've never seen a beer brat, and I don't know anyone who eats them. I thought it was a baseball thing.

Up here, everything is hockeyhockeyhockey. Been to a couple hockey games and always saw hot dogs, pop corn, and ice cream. Ice cream isn't too popular, since it's F-ing cold in the arena.

I think dairy is Canada's worst addiction. Just about everything has milk in it. When I gave up dairy it was really annoying having to read everything and then have to put it back cuz of the milk products.

also, what the heck is america's problem with Foie Gras?? It is banned all over the place in so many countries yet here it is legal. I don't get it. It is one of the cruelest acts on animals possible. I hate to have to serve it out at events, upscale catering sucks like that.Foie Gras Farms

UGH THE HORROR!!! Is there anything more inhumane?????

http://animauzine.net/IMG/jpg/AFF-FXG.jpg

also, what the heck is america's problem with Foie Gras?? It is banned all over the place in so many countries yet here it is legal. I don't get it. It is one of the cruelest acts on animals possible. I hate to have to serve it out at events, upscale catering sucks like that.Foie Gras Farms

UGH THE HORROR!!! Is there anything more inhumane?????

http://animauzine.net/IMG/jpg/AFF-FXG.jpg

Those pictures make me want to cry.

Progress is progress. I think its cool to see people in the public eye doing something different. it is weird in a society in which people assume you have two options fat and low fat meat centric diets to see others choose a different path. While he is not the poster boy for veganism he also is not trying to be which in my opinion makes him very cool. perhaps i emphasize with him about the combinations of foods or the every man approach to to vegetarianism.

When i became a vegan i was over 220 lbs and grew up in a culture in which i consumed rampantly and overate for the obsession of it. When people ask me if i miss meat i can honestly say no because i dont remember what it tasted like because i was too busy shoveling massive amounts of it into my gullet. kinda like the foie gras treatment.

Anywho the foie gras thing is just the difference in ideology about what property is. If something is owned than it can be marginalized as something that works for you. If something is inherently free then it becomes a question of coercing it into working for you. One has rights one does not. People see animals as meat and until the understanding of the reality is widespread they will continue to see them as meat/

I don't really see going vegetarian as progress if you never go vegan. If the whole world stopped at not eating meat...dairy consumption would skyrocket and really things would most likely get even worse. If the person is using it as a stepping stone thats fine...if not they can just eat meat again...its no worse. I'd much rather be a cow destined for the meat industry...once they're full grown they're killed...diary cows get to suffer as long as the industry can keep them alive...then they get to be slaughtered anyway. I'd much rather suffer for 2-3 years rather than suffer for 10years.

I don't really see going vegetarian as progress if you never go vegan. If the whole world stopped at not eating meat...dairy consumption would skyrocket and really things would most likely get even worse. If the person is using it as a stepping stone thats fine...if not they can just eat meat again...its no worse. I'd much rather be a cow destined for the meat industry...once they're full grown they're killed...diary cows get to suffer as long as the industry can keep them alive...then they get to be slaughtered anyway. I'd much rather suffer for 2-3 years rather than suffer for 10years.

The assumption is that if the world suddenly stopped eating meat then the increase for dairy would also increase. This is not likely but if most of the world over time became vegetarian i am sure enough of them would do it for ethical reasons and the production and consumption of dairy products could potentially stay the same and go down. The idea is that we just do not know. No amount of data can tell us this because it is so far off. I can understand your argument based on suffering but at the juncture we cannot know how the future of the dairy industry will act in accordance with the decreased consumption of meat.

I think that any figure that has the power to speak says in an article that the way that animals are treated on a factory farm grossed them out or disturbed them is a great thing. Think about the wave of conscious hiphop that spread in the early 90s that can be directly attributed to a generations vegetarianism or veganism.

The thing for me is the advocation of conscious consumerism. I was a vegetarian for a month before i was a vegan and it was identifying with animals first and then their by products that allowed me to become vegan. As usual we argue the point of view of what we are most familiar with and for me this process is what made me who i am today.

The simple fact that most vegetarians in the US do it for health reasons and don't hold up on cheese and eggs shows they don't care enough. As of now(it wouldn't be the case if the planet went vegetarian) dairy leads to veal...most vegetarians know that and don't care enough. And yes...dairy consumption would go up since so many people "need" their protein and "vegetables don't have enough protein". Over half the vegetarians I know want to go vegan(so they say) but eat dairy because they think they need the protein. Also we'd probably stop pumping cows with so many hormones...this means less milk per cow and the need for more cows to torture to make up for it.