hello from phoenix

joninvegaz

height: 75 inches

weight: 165 pounds

What's up all? I've been a vegan for six or so years, a third of my life, and have been very health conscious for the past three years. I started working out last year when the only open elective at my school was a systematic conditioning course. Since that time, I've fallen in love with it, but only started a strict lifting plan in the new year. I also swim, run, and I am trying to pick up cycling. Outside of fitness related stuff, I spend most of my time with school, cooking/rawcooking, and messing around with music djing dub reggae and playing indie folk solo.

Edited by joninvegaz

Welcome! What are you studying?

i'm in my senior year in high school, but i'm going to go for pre-med in college

Good luck in college. What school are you going to?

As a former pre-med student for 2 years eventually going to the environmental science route, I hope its something you are truly passionate about. Dont let em' brainwash you with western medicine propaganda!!!

Welcome! What are you studying?

i'm in my senior year in high school, but i'm going to go for pre-med in college

That's great! I went that route myself but made a few changes along the way (very long story). My husband is a physician and I'm a nurse anesthetist. My only suggestion would be to get a BS in something that's marketable (other than pre-med, like biochemistry or biomedical engineering) just in case things change in the next few years.

Good luck!

I second that. My brother went to Law School with his bio degree(for environmental law...although he changed to patent law after a semester) and his girlfriend got her doctorate in microbiology with her bio degree...it gives you a lot more options if you have a general bio, biochemistry bioengineering or even a general chemistry degree.

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome! For your djing, do you use vinyl decks or cd decks?

mainly vinyl, but I also rely heavily on my sampler

Cool! Vinyl is definitely the route for the purist. Although vinyl is expensive and cd decks are so much cheaper. Most dj's are switching to cd decks, where the production of music is much much cheaper than getting a record pressed. It's a damn shame.

Samplers are fun to play with. I had one awhile ago. They're cool.