Mac Danzig in UFC 84: April 19th

Danzig's fight was definitely awesome. I didn't think he had that easy a time with Bocek - he certainly dominated most of the fight, but with an opponent like that, one careless move could land him in a submission. Bocek is a BJJ black belt (Gracie I think) and a Kempo Karate black belt. Not an easy opponent. Before he was submitted by Mac, he'd never been submitted before in a pro fight. Great debut for Mac - he really got to show his skills and athleticism.

GSP - yeah! Not much to say there -

I was happy to see Franklin beat Lutter. Lutter's gotta start training for his fights. He gassed so quick... Kalib Starnes was an absolute embarrassment to the UFC, to mma, to Canada. What a waste. At least Nate Quarry was somewhat gracious at the end of that debacle. Kalib should be tossed out of the UFC for that. His gym, Revolution Fight Studio has some really good fighters too - he's just not one of them. Bisping fight was kinda' stupid. I guess this UFC really was all about GSP and Mac Danzig. Kept me happy enough!

Robert - check you tube, google mma video for some hosting sites that may have the fights.

GSP rocked that cry baby Serra (sorry, i dont like him at all, no matter how much my friends do). It reminded me almost of the Tim Syvia vs Randy Cotour fight.

Serra really didnt know what to do with GSP. GSP took him down at will and ground pounded, then when stood back up, out boxed Serra, then would take him down again, where he delivered some of the most rib crushing knees to someones guts I have seen in years. I was cringing. It was awesome!

Kalib Starnes was an absolute embarrassment to the UFC, to mma, to Canada. What a waste. At least Nate Quarry was somewhat gracious at the end of that debacle. Kalib should be tossed out of the UFC for that. quote]

I completely agree. That was embarassing to even watch. I like how Nate Quarry started making fun of him.

I mean, in a real fight, like a fight for your life, running away is more than honorable (at least it think so, they may think your a coward, but at least you get to live to see another day. Remember, self defense means never getting in that situation at all.) but in a match like that, where you are completely outclassed in every since, at least trying to fight back and being brave about it is something ALL fighters have done that I have seen. That was completely disrespectful to the sport. I cant believe it was even on the main card.

GSP rocked that cry baby Serra (sorry, i dont like him at all, no matter how much my friends do). It reminded me almost of the Tim Syvia vs Randy Cotour fight.

Serra really didnt know what to do with GSP. GSP took him down at will and ground pounded, then when stood back up, out boxed Serra, then would take him down again, where he delivered some of the most rib crushing knees to someones guts I have seen in years. I was cringing. It was awesome!

Some people are thinking that GSP prolonged this fight to make a statement. (and probably to inflict just a little more punishment)

Did you get that sense too?

I can see where people think that, but I dont think thats what happened. Serra has good wrestling and good bjj skills, and great ground defense skills. After GSP takes someone to the ground its usually over by submission pretty quickly. Serra held his own. Im not taking anything away from Serra, because he lasted a decent amount of time against the barrage. He's a tough little New Yorker who can take damage (then cries about it later, ugh).

Anyways. GSP is such a great fighter, very very humble. SO I doubt he prolonged it on purpose. But who knows except for him. If he did, he doesnt loose respect in my eyes, Serra deserved it haha.

some pics of Mac Danzig's latest victim. this is one NASTY cut!

http://69.46.29.2:8080/absoluteig/gallery/ULTIMATE%20FIGHTING%20CHAMPIONSHIPS/UFC_83/fights/07_Mac_Danzig_vs_Mark_Bocek/DanzigBocek156UFC83.JPG

http://69.46.29.2:8080/absoluteig/gallery/ULTIMATE%20FIGHTING%20CHAMPIONSHIPS/UFC_83/fights/07_Mac_Danzig_vs_Mark_Bocek/DanzigBocek177UFC83.JPG

here is the only link to the fight i could find.

Danzig did really great in this match. he is off to a great start in the UFC. looking forward seeing him climb up the ladder.

GSP definitely vindicated in this fight. as always he was a class act after the fight, inviting Matt Serra out for drinks and asking Canadian fans not to boo him. he even thanked Matt Serra for accepting this fight in Canada., and said if he wants to make it best 2 out of 3, he would agree to a rematch in Serra's hometown of New York. "I am a man of my word, I will do it".

oh... and Kalib "The Running Man" Starnes will most likely never be seen in the UFC again after that performance.

Nope. Not making excuses at all actually. Which surprised me. He gave a lot of respect to GSP.

I didnt see the post post fight interview, so I dont know. But I remember him from all the shows and its what he did whenever he didnt get his way.

I just dont like him! Just like I dont like Chuck Liddell haha! Two different reasons though.

Yeah, Bocek looked pretty banged up after Mac got through with him. He looks like Sloth from the Goonies. Great pics!

I don't think GSP prolonged the fight - he knows a guy like Serra can pull submissions from the bottom if he's not careful. Serra's got a thick neck and really stout, short arms - not easy to choke or arm bar. He just wasn't taking chances. Serra tried to get into a better position lots of times, but was met with a barrage every time. GSP knew exactly how to fight him. He was working Serra's body hard, first with punches, then those brutal knees. I wouldn't take anything away from Serra tho. He's a tough guy but he was simply out classed. GSP's looking pretty dominant in that weight class right now.

i don't know how danzig does it, but how he comes outta fights barely untouched still makes me confused .... he got a little more beat up this fight than others i've seen, but damn he really knows how to own the octagon

the fight between gsp and serra almost felt like a 3-3 tied stanley cup game lol i loved gsp's take downs on serra, especially the one right before the end of the 1st round, that one made me smile and when serra was shaking his head right after the start of the 2nd round, i guess he saw too many stars

"matt serra landing a head kick" ...... bullshit florian, i think you need glasses

i'm not too happy how the americans pronounced montreal at the end though lol "mon-tre-a" ...... COME ON ..... "mon-re-al" how hard is that?

oh man LOL. those two gif's above really tell the whole story of the fight. well, i just read kalib starnes has been officially released from his contract. he will no longer be fighting for the UFC. he said after the paper work gets signed, he will discuss his actions in this bout. can't imagine how he is gonna explain this behaviour.

here is a fight that wasn't televised, but still pretty good. Maia really showcases his jui jitsu skills in this one. and they way it ends...

Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

your welcome. glad you got a chance to see it, as it has now been removed.

i'll repost this i saw in another forum. i found it hilarious:

After Dana White saw this...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c84/puppysmasher/riciegjpg-1.gif

he told Kalib Starnes this....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/onedeterminedflash/other/gtfo.gif