emergency diet help needed!

recently ive been having a lot of problems eating anything.

is it possible to build up some kind of allergy to soy after consuming it for 2 yrs straight.? after the past few weeks, i cant eat soy, protein shake it, or drink it. I throw it up every time. I feel horrible horrible stomach pains, and i throw it up. i have a lot of extreme gas from it (burping uncontrollabally), and I can barely move until I throw it up. my body is also doing the same thing with spaghetti, and rice and any other complex carb like that (bagels/cereal). I only feel good eating fruit and simple stuff like that. I also cant eat that much. is it possible I have some stomach virus for weeks? (I was working in an attic that had mold and stuff). also there's a lot of family stress going on, but for once I am coping with it, and I dont think its that, but I still cant completely rule that factor out.

also ever since i started taking creatine, my heart has been beating very very fast, and palpitating, so ive stopped taking creatine, yet my heart still beats very fast.

I know im supposed to be in tip top shape and many ppl look to me for advice. but im scared and i dont feel like pretending to be a "hero". so im finally consulting the boards to see if anyone can figure out why i am having eating problems.

im also somehwat scared of the fat ive gained, but im no bullemic, at least i dont think I am, as I used to eat as much as I could to try to gain weight. i believe im just throwing up due to stuffing myself too full.

if anyone has any ideas, please help me out. thanks

Topher, buddy, I'm sorry to hear that man

I hope you get it figured out soon and start feeling better. I'll copy and paste this in some e-mails to some people who know more about this than I do.

Hang in there man. I'd say for now, stay away from the stuff that is making you ill, and let's try to get to the bottom of it.

I'll do what I can to find out more info about this.

-Robert

Mate, lets diagnose this. When did it all start?

couple weeks ago. the heart things has been happening every day, whether i take creatine or not. but i noticed it started palpitating around the same time i initially started creatine though.

the problem with protein shakes started the same time too. so i tried taking diff flavors, kinds of protein, etc.

I went a week without eating right/barely eating due to working hard many hours. and when i went back to trying to eat normal, I cant at all.

I am also obsessed about the minimal amount of fat Ive gained.

and theres also a lot of stress with my family.

hey toph, it could be the soy. I suspect I have a soy allergy, and when i eat soy it feels like i am allergic to everything, grains etc. It might not be the soy it just might be one thing that is making you feel like you are allergic to everything. Also what is your salt consumption like, too much salt and my heart beats really hard and i feel like i am dying. If you can, you should get yourself to a doctor or an allergist or something...i hope you get better! And i hope things with your fam get better!

I try to keep the sodium intake low, but lately my salt and sugar have been high. i suspect my heart is beating from all the damn sugar (shakes, processed oatmeal, soymilk, creatine,

etc.)

so many soy products are packed full of soy, same with rice mixes and stuff

I try to keep the sodium intake low, but lately my salt and sugar have been high. i suspect my heart is beating from all the damn sugar (shakes, processed oatmeal, soymilk, creatine,

etc.)

so many soy products are packed full of soy, same with rice mixes and stuff

Sugar doesnt really keep it high, its the salt that causes the pressure on the arterial walls mate. Sugar increases the blood sugar, which is glucose, and also increases insulin. But you prolly knew that already, but just saying that the sugar wouldn't actually be the problem, its the salt.

As for the creatine, it could be the water weight that increases more water retention, then coupled with the salt, its even worse.

nope i didnt know that. thats why im gonna go to that pt school. so i can learn all that.

all stuff about the human body, diet, nutrition, etc confuses me. thats why i feel so talking to ppl about vegan diets and stuff, when i barely know anything.

Well ya mate, what I said is basically what is happening to you. You may be one of those sodium sensitive people. From what you are telling me, it seems like your blood pressure has probably soared thanks to the salt and even heightened by the use of the Creatine.

rad thanks.

hey how do i find my resting heart rate?

like when I count how many beats per minute...

I put my fingers on the side of my neck and I feel my pulse...

when it "thumps" do I count the thump (two beats) as 1? or do I count the thump as 2? thanks. i know that might seem confusing...

I got 56 beats per minute if I count each thump (it sounds bah-bump..bah-bump, bah-bump...).

thump="bah-bump"=1 beat

did I do that right? or do I count the "bah-bump" as 2 beats?

DOnt listen, just feel. BTW your beats are pretty low, signs of a healthy man.

yeh i feel. and i feel a thump each time (bah-bump, bah-bump, bah-bump...). so that thumpcounts as 1, right? like everytime i feel a thump, i dont count 2, 4, 6, 8. etc. right?

im still confused as to how to count the beats. maybe im just tired and rambling but i honestly cannot figure out if i counted right

56beats per minutes if i counted right.

yeh i feel. and i feel a thump each time (bah-bump, bah-bump, bah-bump...). so that thumpcounts as 1, right? like everytime i feel a thump, i dont count 2, 4, 6, 8. etc. right?

im still confused as to how to count the beats. maybe im just tired and rambling but i honestly cannot figure out if i counted right

56beats per minutes if i counted right.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I just have one bump. I dont feel "bah bump".

Yeah, Hero, bah-bump counts as 1 beat.

When I was young and in really, really good shape, my resting pulse (first thing in the morning before I got out of bed) was 39-42 bpm. These days, it is generally around 45-50, which is good, but not great. If I take my pulse during the day, it varies depending on what I have been doing. If I have been lazy and haven't worked out, it might be 55-60. If I have been active, it might be 60-70. If I have just finished a workout, it might be 90. So, yeah, 56 bpm at this time of day is really pretty good. No problem there.

But as Kollision points out, what you feel might not be your heart "racing" (as in going really fast), it might be your heart "pounding" (as in your blood pressure is really high). You can probably get it tested for free at a clinic. Sometimes, drug stores or grocery stores have blood pressure machines in the front. If you feel like you heart is pounding, then you should probably check out your blood pressure next.

Hope you are feeling better.

Hey Toph-Dog.

Sorry to hear that you're sick

Don't worry, you'll get over it! I know, i have been through similar problems

It could be the soy. If i'd make a guess, i'd say you've been stressing your digestion system too much with all the forced eating. All the bread, pasta and soy are a stress to your intestines. Eat less, and it will be better digested and used, you don't need to fear that you get less energy then. In fact, you make better use of what you eat.

I've heard that you can eat too much of a certain food until you become allergic, but that only happens if you really eat tons all the time. That's one reason i try not to eat too much soy.

In your situation, i'd eat as much raw as possible (not eat as much as possible, but of what you eat, as much raw as possible ). Drink a lot, maybe fast for some days. After that, slowy build up your food intake again, but always on a convenient level. Never eat when you're not hungry!

Concerning the heart:

56 is a good pulse. Try checking the pulse on your wrist, not the side of your neck, i find that easier.

I've had palpitations a while ago. It also might be due to the overeating, i'm not sure though. The only side effects of creatine i know of are stomach ache and other digestive problems and cramps. Again, drink a lot water. Only drink water when your stomach is empty, not after a meal or while eating. This helps the digestion.

I hope you'll be better soon,

love and peace,

Daywalker