Lee Priest as a kid

Octopussoir

Looked perfect in his teens.

I agree. I think that he has gotten worse since then. I also cannot believe that it appears he has a mike tyson facial tattoo now.

My thoughts exactly. Looked like a really nice kid back in the day.

Now he is a punk...I was good friends with his ex-wife for a while, including during their break-up, she'd contact me almost everyday or every week so I heard some of the behind the scenes stuff. Lee and I were in an article in FLEX together years ago and I helped him win an IFBB Pro Show in 2003 but I really haven't talked to him since but I'm still friends with Cathy who I see every year.

He does have a great physique, just a bit of a temper...more than most bodybuilders

......not all of it

I was a 120 lb kid like my brothers and my 95-pound sister....and my parents weren't really athletes....but bodybuilding became fun for me so I wanted to do it everyday. I did and progress started to take place......but genetics does play a huge role...but it's not the only one. I'd rank passion, desire, drive, determination, effort and consistency up there even higher than genetics as far as the significance they have on the success of a bodybuilder.

Like all of us, Lee is human and experiences a lot of ups and downs and has had a lot of personal issues over the years. I know the story behind the face tattoo....I used to be fairly close to Cathy years ago (his ex-wife). It was basically just a plea for attention when he was being overlooked....many of us do the same thing. I still don't like some of his character traits because I got to learn about them first-hand...but he has a phenomenal physique (in season not off season).