My diet since going vegan

DaN

As some of you may know I have only been full Vegan a couple of weeks since finding this site, so firstly thanks to all for giving me inspiration to do it.

An instant positive I have recognised since stopping eating cheese & fish (which was all I was eating that was not total vegan) is a general improvement in my skin, stomach & in my general mood from day to day.

Happy days!

I hope some of you might let me know if my new diet sounds ok & any suggestions to add in to it or take out

Breakfast:

Baked beans on wholemeal toast

Soya milk & a scoop of soya protein powder in it

Banana

Mid-morning:

150g houmous

2 slices of wholemeal bread

2 soya yoghurts

Lunch:

Mixed bean salad

New potatoes

Salad

2 oat cereal bars

Mid-afternoon:

100g mixed nuts

Glass of fruit juice

When I get home & just before my workout:

Soya milk & a scoop of soya protein powder in it

2 soya yoghurts

Dinner:

Usually Lentils, rice, veg

After dinner/before bed:

Whatever I fancy (crisps, fruit, anything really)

plus about 2.5 litres of water, a glucosamine tablet & 2-3 oranges spread throughout the day.

PLEASE GIMME ADVICE! I AM NEW TO ALL THIS

Really great for a beginner.

If I am You I would add some grounded flax seeds for omega 3 intake and decreased omega 6 - the nuts and added some dark leafy vegetables.

As you might see it isn't so hard to be vegetarian.

I do need more veggies, so I will get some more broccoli & kale/cabbage in there - thanks guys

If I am You I would add some grounded flax seeds for omega 3 intake and decreased omega 6 - the nuts and added some dark leafy vegetables

I will try and do that - thanks

Yo, what are your aims for your diet?

I am looking to put on weight, & I train 3 times a week with weights & do a little cardio at weekends, so I am really curious to see what my progress is like on the new diet.

yeah like everybody said, more veggies. But not necessarily cooked! Because raw food is already too low in your diet, lack of fruits and greens. Easy way is to eat lots of whole fruits or fruit smoothie in the morning, before a "real" breakfast. And starting all meals with a green salad or green smootie.