The Sexiest Kind of Man

I give major props to vegetarian and vegan men. As if it weren't rough enough just being vegetarian or vegan and having to hear the crap that I do about my food choices "Oh I couldn't live without meat!" (I bet you couldn't, dumbass) I can't imagine the masculinity jokes that come along with being male and vegan. It is some kind of primitive quality that (most likely) only American men cling to. The jokes follow along with new discovery of a man being vegan or vegetarian "You don't eat meat? Real men eat meat." No, my friend - real men don't eat meat. And real men, I mean real men are sexy. So here's to you vegan men! My top ten reasons why vegan men are the sexiest of them all...

1. They care about animals.

2. They probably care about the environment too.

3. When you say "tofu" they actually have something intelligent to say about it.

4. They are almost always fully aware of the things they ingest into their body, and have a rationale as to why.

5. They don't need confirmation of their masculinity - and due to that, they are more manly than any meat eater ever could be.

6. They're respectful more than the average person.

7. They're typically more aware of the world, and actually give a shit about it.

8. They're dedicated to their beliefs.

9. They don't have animal flesh rotting in their intestines.

10. They're generally just awesome.

Vegan men are top of the line. How refreshing.

Ladies, I'm sure you agree

Yeah I think vegans of any gender are generally drawn to vegans of the other gender, because it's quite a rare thing to be, and you are likely to feel the same way about a bunch of important issues.

I have had the not-a-real-man shit from people a few times. The most insane one which I'll always remember was:

Them - "So you don't drink"

Me - "No"

Them - "And you don't smoke"

Me - "No"

Them - "And you don't eat meat"

Me - "No"

Them - "So are you gay?"

Oh the hilarity.

1. I love animals so much that I don't want to take any of them living with me.

2. That's me.

3. Fermentation process deactivates the hemaglutinin in soy and makes it even healthier.

4. Well, I eat anything that's vegan and not nailed down.

5. I am so confident about my sexuality that I have no problems wearing a dress or stay-ups (only for entertainment purposes).

6. Respect.

7. I give a shit quite often because of the enormous amounts of food I eat. Oh wait, the translation doesn't quite work that way.

8. I'll never eat meat. Period.

9. That's right. The hamster got out alive.

10. Pic:

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/whos-awesome.jpg

1. I love animals so much that I don't want to take any of them living with me.

2. That's me.

3. Fermentation process deactivates the hemaglutinin in soy and makes it even healthier.

4. Well, I eat anything that's vegan and not nailed down.

5. I am so confident about my sexuality that I have no problems wearing a dress or stay-ups (only for entertainment purposes).

6. Respect.

7. I give a shit quite often because of the enormous amounts of food I eat. Oh wait, the translation doesn't quite work that way.

8. I'll never eat meat. Period.

9. That's right. The hamster got out alive.

10. Pic:

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/whos-awesome.jpg

9:lmfao

I can relate to this thread . . . I was a vegan male in the early 80s named Hilary touring the mid and southwest, working as a ballet dancer. Enough said.

I had many "interesting" experiences when questioned about my sexuality by "tough guys" when I would reply either with "Don't get your hopes up", or "Why, are you interested"?

Edited by hilary wright

Hey Rich, I was just traveling on business . . . I was covering the biggest Education Tech conference of the year in San Antonio, TX. Over 100 degrees there, but the hotel had a great gym! Worked 18 hour days.

Thanks DV . . .not strong, just stubborn and don't care for having my beliefs ridiculed by uninformed neanderthols.

1. They care about animals.

2. They probably care about the environment too.

3. When you say "tofu" they actually have something intelligent to say about it.

4. They are almost always fully aware of the things they ingest into their body, and have a rationale as to why.

5. They don't need confirmation of their masculinity - and due to that, they are more manly than any meat eater ever could be.

6. They're respectful more than the average person.

7. They're typically more aware of the world, and actually give a shit about it.

8. They're dedicated to their beliefs.

9. They don't have animal flesh rotting in their intestines.

10. They're generally just awesome.

Ladies, I'm sure you agree

Totally agree. These are just some of the reasons why we should never settle for anything less. The same applies the other way around (vegan women). Non-vegans can never fulfill vegans the same way a vegan can.

I don't mind if they have anything to say about it, as long as they don't make gagging sounds, derogatory remarks, or "the face."

Very good list