Favor to ask - Please "comment" on my newspaper article

robert

*I think this is really important for us to support*

Please comment on my article in the Willamette Week.

As a pretty mainstream news publication they took some sort of a risk putting VEGAN on the front of their newspaper in an article about Vegan Bodybuilding knowing it is a small niche market with a relatively small audience.

Please leave comments about the article to help encourage them to cover this topic in the future. I think it is very important for us as a community to support the fact that they made Veganism their TOP story in the entire newspaper! That is really cool. Let's let them know that and get them to cover it more in the future!

Thanks so much!

http://wweek.com/editorial/3436/11241/

http://a484.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/124/l_afb80690708e2ff5cb3fccb3e51fab0b.jpg

-Robert Cheeke

You guys/gals are so awesome! I was wiped out after another midnight workout (this time with the HUGE Octopussoir) and woke up to find 10 more comments and recognized some of your names/styles.

Thanks so much!

It's not just about me or for me, I'm really pushing Portland publications to cover these topics more!

So......by saying something (anything at all) you're showing interest in this topic, support for veganism and providing hope that other publications, not just in Portland but around the world will cover veganism and share it with audiences around the globe.

Thanks for caring!

Thanks!

And also..........the comment doesn't have to be about me.

Please help us recognize DV, the reporter, the newspaper, etc. all for making this a success.

Listen.....

Imagine if they get more comments on THIS Cover story than any other...and most are positive, like they are. Think about how that will change minds not just of the people involved, but even as they consider topics to showcase in the future.

If Veganism is HOT they'll want to hit it from another angle soon.

This could lead by example and show newspapers all over the country the impact that an article like this can have.

Please reach out and do this for veganism, not just for me. I love the comments of course, and appreciate them....but this is way bigger than me...this is about changing the way people think, eat and live to be more compassionate.

Let's set a new standard and use this as a positive example for other news publishers to follow.

Thanks so much!

RC

Thanks!

I think the comments are very powerful and very effective. It is my opinion that the topic of veganism will get a lot more coverage in other local and national news publications as a result of the support from this Cover Story on Vegan Bodybuilding!

Thanks and please encourage others to comment as well!

RC

Cool, I left a message the other day and I'll leave some more. I told a veggie friend of mine and he left a message. Got some negative messages on there, but that's life. What they're saying is clearly babble. The vast majority of the replies are positive

I'll take them all....positive, negative, bring em all on!

http://a422.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_e76611991c248358cf87055d10916c35.jpg

Thanks to support from the forum and others, we're making some noise on the newspaper website.

Check out some of the stats as of Friday night:

Lean, Mean Meat-Free Machine

Portlander Robert Cheeke is the face of vegan bodybuilding.

BY JOHN MINERVINI

64 comments

Pour-tland

The city spends another $119,000 to train baristas even though the program isn’t meeting its goals.

BY COREY PEIN

5 comments

Food Fight

Multnomah County wants chain eateries to provide calorie counts. Restaurateurs say hold the meddling.

BY JAMES PITKIN

14 comments

Hot Seat

LaJean Lawson

She follows the bouncing breast.

BY COREY PEIN

2 comments

Holy Bummer, Batman!

Why so serious? Maybe because Heath Ledger’s dead.

BY AARON MESH

3 comments

MOST RECOMMENDED

Second Lifemost recommended 5.0

MOST COMMENTED

Lean, Mean Meat-Free Machine most commented 64

MOST READ

Lean, Mean Meat-Free Machinemost read 3,941

THE LONG, DARK KNIGHT OF THE SOUL

"Batman is the only superhero to encompass two very anti-superhero qualities: complete mortality and zero morality."

----

If we can get over 102 comments, we'll have the most commented Cover Story in many weeks!

Let's do it team!

Let's make VEGAN BODYBUILDING the top news story around here and let's make that a trend for other papers to take serious note of.

Thanks!

Favor granted. Here's the copy from comment post.

"Robert Cheeke is admirable for his fine service to others through his efforts to disseminate his personal experience of value of the natural organic vegan diet and fitness activities.

I have personally benefited from information sharing at his www.veganbodybuilding.com website.

In their struggle to come to terms with the diseases and health issues which confront our modern western civilization, many are turning to a more natural path and taking up once again the hard physical activities which were in danger of being vanquished by more sedentary lifestyles.

Mr. Cheeke is certainly a person of note in the modern natural health trend and a force to be reckoned with.

We sincerely congratulate Robert for his fine work and wish him every success in his ongoing endeavors.

Thank you for printing such a fine article.

Richard G. Tasca, Jr.

www.viktoras.org

www.survivalinthe21stcentury.com"

Comment made. Here it is:

"Great article! It's wonderful to see stereotypes about vegans being dispelled, and Robert and Diane are great role models and spokespeople for a healthy and compassionate lifestyle.

The article mentions John Robbins' book The Food Revolution, which is an excellent source of information about what the livestock and dairy industries in the US are really like. If more Americans knew how horribly animals raised for food are typically treated in this country, as well as the extent to which our environmental problems are related to heavy consumption of animal products, vegan bodybuilders or vegan anything else would not be a rarity any more."

We are at 86 comments right now, just a few more to get to 100. Let's keep getting the word out about the importance of being vegan for not only our own health, but animals' and the planet's.

Thanks again everyone.

We're all making a difference and they are taking notice.

It has already been viewed about 5,000 times on their website and obviously thousands of times by reading the hard copy around town.

http://a571.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/118/l_a5f6112e10c27efbde3e9783f82d25fa.jpg

http://a483.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_5db8c23b13399685e73c0762f084e56a.jpg

Fun times in downtown Portland

God bless you, Robert. The new video was so much fun to share. And the roster of other videos that Youtube lists about you is great.

I think I remember that I saw an article about you on one of my trips to Hippocrates Health Institute some time ago. Brian has done a nice job with that mag.

Rainbow_2.gif.dc381a0c83d1989de300fc187b61b44b.gif

MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!