Hello/New Member from Oakland, CA (XVX)

shanedanger

Hi everyone.

My name is shane and I recently (re)joined this board in hopes of reinvigorating my gym routine and diet.

I am 33yrs old and have been vegan since 1994. I am vegan primarily for health reasons. I have been seriously lifting for about 5 years.

This is my 1st post but I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this board and contribute as much as possible.

(And ya, if it matters- as I noted in the subject line- I am straight-edge.)

Hi everyone.

My name is shane and I recently (re)joined this board in hopes of reinvigorating my gym routine and diet.

I am 33yrs old and have been vegan since 1994. I am vegan primarily for health reasons. I have been seriously lifting for about 5 years.

This is my 1st post but I hope to learn a lot from everyone on this board and contribute as much as possible.

(And ya, if it matters- as I noted in the subject line- I am straight-edge.)

Greetings. I turn 33 next month too and have been vegan for 12 years, nice to meet you. Straight edge means no drugs and vegan diet right? I'm a total nutrition nerd so I post a lot of info and studies for consideration.

I appreciate all the greetings. I hope to partake in more forums as time permits.

VeganMaster- Well, straight-edge essentially means a lifetime committment to no drugs... but I don't want to get caught up in defining it here/now. It isn't a set of rules.

Practitioner- So you are in The Bay? Indeed I have been to Souly Vegan. Good stuff. The fried tofu and mac-n-cheese are my faves but I can't eat there too often- It is a pretty heavy meal.

Yes, I live in the Bay Area. I like souly Vegan it is a nice place to grab a bit without having to go to SF or berkeley. I do not eat out all that much, as I hate paying full price for a meal and then have to ask them to take the meat and cheese off. It really seems to me there should be a Vegan discount when you do that, but that is me!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...