Weight and muscles

Its kind of hard to say yes or no to that, since your hypothetical( or true) question is kind of vague. If you have low body fat, the way I test my bicep workout is basically.. if you can pinch your muscle then you can still workout more. You should be able to pinch a little, since you can't tighten up your skin, but below your skin it should be impossible to pinch. Once your muscle becomes that tight, then I feel like I have worked out your arms enough. This is mainly for biceps.. but your triceps should be sore anyways.

DOMS is overrated.

Your muscles should never "hurt" after working out. If you're new to a particular exercise there will be initial weird discomfort if your body needs to get used to that movement, but once you're settled you should really only feel fatigued afterwards.

They might say "no pain, no gain" but there never should be actual pain.

The only reliable way to tell if you're doing enough weight, in my experience, is go up in weight or reps and see what you can do. Don't judge progress on lingering discomfort, judge it on the actual progression of your abilities.

Yup totally agree with chrisjs.

Put the weight up & if you can do it, you should be using that weight hehe

I dont get any pain after workouts now, & I am getting stronger each time.

As chris says the saying "no pain, no gain" is a load of turd.

My saying is "no pain, no pain!"

What they said.

I worked out biceps yesterday and I got near to my maximum. Like when the last 4 reps seem impossible, completely out of your strength but you still do them with good technique if you are determined enough. After that I had by stretching, my protein and all the rest I needed; today there was no pain even though I know I worked till failure.