Vote: Is the PCRM anti-hotdog commericila inappropriate?

beforewisdom

No, it does not go too far. Yes, it is jarring to see children talking about something as serious as cancer. But so much of the health and obesity epidemic in America is due to misinformation and a love of convenience. I wish there were more 'jarring' commercials like this about nutritional health and welfare. Maybe some people will wake up and do a little homework.

It is getting a lot of press, which I think is great. It's important to get people talking about the cancer risks from meat and this is a good way to start that dialogue. Too many people erroneously feel that eating meat is to the benefit of their health, not the detriment.

It is getting a lot of press, which I think is great. It's important to get people talking about the cancer risks from meat and this is a good way to start that dialogue.

I agree. I think it's a great commercial.

It's sad that most "kid foods" are foods linked to cancer and heart disease: hot dogs, fries, burgers, chips, candy, pizza, cheese, Lunchables...etc. Parents and kids should be informed about this.

I'm not opposed to it but I dont think people are really going to take seriously a commercial proposing a link between health problems and hot dogs. It gets attention though. I wish Neal had done more of a health infomercial type thing, just presented some charts or something.