books on vegan nutrition for bodybuilding?

jeremy

ive been a vegan for over a year, but my diet is poor, i dont get the results from weight training or cardio that i should be getting and i know it is because of my poor nutrition i cant seem to find any vegan books on proper nutrition for bodybuilding, i want to become more informed on the subject and also sample meal plans would be great. any help is greatly appreciated

Yeah I don't think there's any book on vegan bodybuilding nutrition (and even for omni diets, most bodybuilding books focus on the training, not the diet). I was having the same idea : we could write one.

But if you want to read some stuff on the subject now, you can check some articles on the main page of this website, like the nutrition plans for bodybuilders written by Robert, or some bios on the Profile section like Avi's.

Or follow the advices on organicathlete.org. This is a diet more for endurance, so just add some proteins in the daily salad.

Actually the general lack of quality info on body recomposition is partly why I started my blog. I did the research myself and found that basically no one is putting the evidence together to form the big picture on body recomposition.

The truth about human metabolism is quite unknown, and I may write a book eventually, because the science is so ignored (thus I cite and discuss many dozens of excellent studies). The evidence is robust showing that the healthiest human diet (very low fat, high starch vegan diet) is also the best for body recomposition, as I detail in my blog. By implementing the 4 rules of MNP and following thoughtful and serious exercise habits, anyone can reach their body recomposition goals faster. Immerse yourself in the scientific studies of metabolism (particularly calorimetry studies) and you will soon understand metabolism better than than 99% of "nutritionists" and "trainers," who are usually steeped in mainsteam misinformation.

Here's the 4 rules of MNP and 34 studies (including direct links to 17 .pdfs) to start you on the path:

http://veganmaster.blogspot.com/2008/08/mnp-100-muscle-and-34-selected.html