Obama October Surprise

Vegan Joe

Judge tosses suit over Obama's birth

PHILADELPHIA | A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Sen. Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the lawsuit by lawyer Philip J. Berg, who charged that Mr. Obama was not a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution to be eligible for the presidency.

Mr. Berg, a former deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania who backed Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in the primaries, claimed that Mr. Obama is either a citizen of his father's native Kenya or became a citizen of Indonesia after he moved there as a boy.

The Obama campaign put on its Web site a copy of his "certification of live birth" that says he was born in Honolulu. But lawsuit backers say that document doesn't settle the issue because such a certification can be obtained after birth; only the person himself or a family member can request a Hawaii birth certificate.

Judge Surrick ruled that Mr. Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from a purportedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."

Philip J. Berg is Appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court as Obama is "NOT" qualified to be President of the United States Lawsuit Against Obama Dismissed from Philadelphia Federal Court

For Immediate Release: - 10/25/08 - Contact Info at end.

UPDATE: Ruling attached at end. It's a really poor copy, but it is all we have for the moment. Willl put up a better copy when we get one.

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 10/25/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States, announced today that he is immediately appealing the dismissal of his case to the United States Supreme Court. The case is Berg v. Obama, No. 08-cv-04083.

Berg said, "I am totally disappointed by Judge Surrick's decision and, for all citizens of the United States, I am immediately appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court.

This is a question of who has standing to uphold our Constitution. If I don't have standing, if you don't have standing, if your neighbor doesn't have standing to question the eligibility of an individual to be President of the United States - the Commander-in-Chief, the most powerful person in the world - then who does?

So, anyone can just claim to be eligible for congress or the presidency without having their legal status, age or citizenship questioned.

According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution.

What happened to ‘...Government of the people, by the people, for the people,...’ Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg Address 1863.

We must legally prevent Obama, the unqualified candidate, from taking the Office of the Presidency of the United States,” Berg said.

Our website obamacrimes.com now has 71.8 + million hits. We are urging all to spread the word of our website – and forward to your local newspapers and radio and TV stations.

Berg again stressed his position regarding the urgency of this case as, “we” the people, are heading to a “Constitutional Crisis” if this case is not resolved forthwith.

* * For copies of all Court Pleadings, go to obamacrimes.com

# # #

Philip J. Berg, Esquire

555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12

Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531

Cell (610) 662-3005

(610) 825-3134

(800) 993-PHIL [7445]

Fax (610) 834-7659

[email protected]

Judge tosses suit over Obama's birth

PHILADELPHIA | A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Sen. Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the lawsuit by lawyer Philip J. Berg, who charged that Mr. Obama was not a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution to be eligible for the presidency.

Judge Surrick ruled that Mr. Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from a purportedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."

Berg: This is a question of who has standing to uphold our Constitution. If I don't have standing, if you don't have standing, if your neighbor doesn't have standing to question the eligibility of an individual to be President of the United States - the Commander-in-Chief, the most powerful person in the world - then who does?

According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution.

And Judge Surrick is right. He was responding to a motion to dismiss filed by the Obama camp claiming lack of standing. Berg brought a lawsuit that doesn't allege injury-in-fact and provides no basis for redress. If the judge hadn't dismissed, he would be accused of that "activism" everyone hates so much.

As to who does have standing, the State Dept or the Democratic or Republican parties, certainly.

Obama was was born in America to an American citizen, where's the issue? Oh yeah he's not white
See the problems with statements like this is that in reality none of us really know the answer to this question. this question can only be proven by experts. Any of us saying one way or the other what the truth of the matter is are only fooling themselves. You might have a good guess and you might be right. But to come in here calling racism is unfounded. and it says something about your character.

That a big problem in this presidential race. And of course we all know the presidentail race is about mudslinging. Well there is a faction of the population who when some mud is slung on McCain they are "yeah really he is all muddy". and when mud is slung on Obama, the first thing you hear out of thier mouth is race. Not whether Obama is clean or muddy, but that the mud slinger must be racist. I guess it's just the decline of the intelligent American.

Actually I'm calling you out on racism becuase you made made many xenophobic comments in other threads and your comments re: Colin Powell(Assuming a black person supports Obama only because he is black is racist. You don't assume every white McCain supporter supports him because he's white do you?). Your post here simply follows that trend.

ps. I don't support Obama and have a lot of criticisms of him, so this I'm not saying this because I support him.

Obama was was born in America to an American citizen, where's the issue? Oh yeah he's not white
See the problems with statements like this is that in reality none of us really know the answer to this question. this question can only be proven by experts.

And it has been examined by experts in the past. The Illinois bar is supposed to be particularly thorough. Of course, this isn't to say that they couldn't have made a mistake, especially because citizenship isn't as big an issue for them, but suit for re-examination of citizenship records that have been previously verified isn't something that anyone off the street has standing to bring. Similar cases were tossed out for lack of standing when they were brought against Bush/Cheney and McCain.

If there were any question as to Obama's citizenship, the Republican party could bring it up themselves or request that the State department take a look. Do people really think the opposition party leadership wouldn't jump at the chance to disqualify Obama?

That a big problem in this presidential race. And of course we all know the presidentail race is about mudslinging. Well there is a faction of the population who when some mud is slung on McCain they are "yeah really he is all muddy". and when mud is slung on Obama, the first thing you hear out of thier mouth is race. Not whether Obama is clean or muddy, but that the mud slinger must be racist. I guess it's just the decline of the intelligent American.

Apparently we hang out in very different circles. I know plenty of McCain supporters and Obama supporters and, yes, both admit that nothing seems to stick to Barack the same way it does to McCain. The McCain-ites like to blame media bias and the Obama supporters pretend their guy is just cleaner, but I haven't heard anyone assert or imply as the "first thing out of their mouth" that race is a factor. And I live in DC, so it's not like my environment is wanting for cynicism. Or maybe we've jumped past that point.

Actually I'm calling you out on racism becuase you made made many xenophobic comments in other threads and your comments re: Colin Powell(Assuming a black person supports Obama only because he is black is racist. You don't assume every white McCain supporter supports him because he's white do you?). Your post here simply follows that trend.

ps. I don't support Obama and have a lot of criticisms of him, so this I'm not saying this because I support him.

Apples and oranges.

xenophobic comments.

That's your limited perception.

Oh yeah he's not white .

I love your one line responses very through arguments. Actually it seems you don't do much beyond post links to other peoples ideas and then belittle people who disagree with what you post. Ever try thinking for yourself?

I'm only glad I don't think like you.

Did you feel belittled for casting judgements?

I also find it funny how you think it's OK for people to spit on me, but when I spit back, you make me out as the bad guy.

Maybe it's because I'm white, Hey?

I guess it's just the decline of the intelligent American.

Pretty belittling comments. I know you consider me calling you out on racism is an insult. But if that's what I see I got to call it. I'm not saying it as an insult. The way I see it you start spitting on people and when they said back you feel attacked. Sorry dude but look at your behavior too. But I guess I'm racist right? just another self hating white guy, eh?

I guess it's just the decline of the intelligent American.

Pretty belittling comments. I know you consider me calling you out on racism is an insult. But if that's what I see I got to call it. I'm not saying it as an insult. The way I see it you start spitting on people and when they said back you feel attacked. Sorry dude but look at your behavior too. But I guess I'm racist right? just another self hating white guy, eh?

Need I say more. Oh, if that was a compliment then I guess I should thank you.

Can the mods please put all this annoying garbage about Obama to one topic called "Vegan Joe's opinion on Barack Obama" or something like that. I am really pissed off about the huge number of threads he is creating.

I really think you should consider doing the same thing VF did to Vegan Joe if he doesn't stop creating shitloads of threads about the same subject over, over and over again.

JUST COUNT THE NUMBER OF THREADS ABOUT BARACK/DEMOCRATS/PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS in Animal Rights/News/Politics!

It's a cancer that keeps on growing. And it's killing VBB&F if you don't fight it.

Can the mods please put all this annoying garbage about Obama to one topic called "Vegan Joe's opinion on Barack Obama" or something like that. I am really pissed off about the huge number of threads he is creating.

Seconded.

I also am a little miffed about the large amount of political threads. They also can be limited to one topic.

In general this forum is pretty laid back when it comes to topic amounts as opposed to another forum I frequent( Which has strict rules against double posting and more then one topic similar to another ). But in general a super political topic( Probably named just "The Politics Thread or Politics Thread ) would add a bit more organization to the forum. Which is always nice.

How does collapsing all political topics other than animal rights into one thread make anything organized? There are over 100 posts in some threads. Do you want 1000 posts in one thread?

Separating out "animal rights" and "other political topics" or something like that into two separate board index items makes sense to me, but what you're suggesting doesn't.

Seconded.

I also am a little miffed about the large amount of political threads. They also can be limited to one topic.

In general this forum is pretty laid back when it comes to topic amounts as opposed to another forum I frequent( Which has strict rules against double posting and more then one topic similar to another ). But in general a super political topic( Probably named just "The Politics Thread or Politics Thread ) would add a bit more organization to the forum. Which is always nice.

How does collapsing all political topics other than animal rights into one thread make anything organized? There are over 100 posts in some threads. Do you want 1000 posts in one thread?

Separating out "animal rights" and "other political topics" or something like that into two separate board index items makes sense to me, but what you're suggesting doesn't.

Agreed. This isn't bb.com, thank goodness. Just sequester the political threads in a separate forum.

Maybe it's because I'm white, Hey?

Yup, that's it. You figured us out. We hate white people, Hey?

So crazy Joe, how about you get back to the topic you started the thread with and tell me how Berg has legal standing to challenge someone else's citizenship?

So crazy Joe,

Excuse me?

how about you get back to the topic you started the thread with and tell me how Berg has legal standing to challenge someone else's citizenship?

Show me were I said he had legal standing or didn't have legal standing.

Are you just here to call me names and argue about your false perceptions

Berg should be disbarred

Why for acting on behalf of the american people to get at the truth.

Now read this part carefully, maybe even a dozen times.

Both you and I don't know the validity of Obamas Birth certificate.

I don't know either way myself. I just posted some news that is in connection with the election.

So why would anyone in there right mind,

not want to know the truth as proven by professionals.

It's as if you are afraid that what you believe might not be the truth.

I find this disturbing, That people don't really want the truth.