Injured?

Hi guys!

Ive been training my legs once a week since a month and a half. I do four workouts that day including squats and leg presses. Lately Im feeling some sort of electric shock in my right foot. It happens even when Im walking. It also happens while Im working out so I cannot perform the excercises correctly. Should I take a break from doing legs?

Thanks guys and sorry for my bad english!

I've had that problem for years on the outter side of my knee, it doesn't let me squat much or do decent laying leg curls. Unfortunately no doctor has been able to tell me what it is, if you go to one who knows please let me know.

What I've done is during hard times is let the leg rest and when it's OK again I do very low weights and watch the technique very very carefully.

I really hope you get well soon.

Thanks Lena. I actually felt better last week due to glutamine, but now is back. Today I felt it while I was walking in the market, is not annoying when you are doing routinary activities, but in the gym it can be horrible. I decided Im going to give it a rest and try maybe in two or three weeks. I guess leg days are now abs day...

People I will say it again, I happen to know a bunch of stuff all about soft tissue injuries, please, I am bored as hell, sitting at home out with a healing shoulder, ask me stuff.

The shock is an entrapped nerve, I would need more info to tell you which, like what position its in, what exersise you first noticed it on, what movement brings it on, but if you are training legs that much then you probebly have a hypertonic muscle somewhere that is clamping on either your obturator, femoral, tibial, common fibular, or sciatic nerve.

Rest will help, and better body mechanics might help too.

Let me know more.

Peace out peoples

Hi Allan, hope you are well!

Sorry about the leg thing.Rest is your best option.If it doesnt help after a month, I always try exercising the area with lighter weights, which sometimes actually helps better than rest.But thats just me.

Keep us posted how it goes mate

Dan x