Does dried or so called Dehydrated food Retains nutrients?

RAINRA

Does dried food retain the same nutritional or close to as regular raw fruit?

I read some articles that claim it does. is this true? Is there a difference with dried fruit vs dehydrated?

it's supposed to just pull out the water, leaving much of the nutrients

here's a great resource on raw/living foods:

http://rawfoods.com/

I'm wondering too, if it removes the acidity. I like tomatoes, but they're pretty acidic, and the organic fresh ones are pretty expensives; but I love sun dried tomatoes, and organic ones aren't expensive. Good source of calcium, iron, many vitamins and even proteins. If there,s less acidity when dried, I guess it's better that way, when used in salads with nuts or avocados, since acidic stuff disturbs the digestion of proteins and fats.

If dried foods retain their nutrients ? That's possible, if it's dried at low temperature, but perhaps it won't retain 100% of nutrients, maybe some of it go with the water, or simply because the food is exposed to air and low heat for many days. I guess it's always better when it's eaten as found in the nature, whole and fresh.

yeah cool thanks... peeps.

I am not a big fan of pure berries. They are a bit to sour and acidic for my taste. I bought some dried ones and they are much better. That is why I was wondering. I need to eat more fruit but it is harder to eat for me than veggies.

I'm wondering too, if it removes the acidity. I like tomatoes, but they're pretty acidic, and the organic fresh ones are pretty expensives; but I love sun dried tomatoes, and organic ones aren't expensive. Good source of calcium, iron, many vitamins and even proteins. If there,s less acidity when dried, I guess it's better that way, when used in salads with nuts or avocados, since acidic stuff disturbs the digestion of proteins and fats.

If dried foods retain their nutrients ? That's possible, if it's dried at low temperature, but perhaps it won't retain 100% of nutrients, maybe some of it go with the water, or simply because the food is exposed to air and low heat for many days. I guess it's always better when it's eaten as found in the nature, whole and fresh.

Matter of Flax has the yummiest Tuscan tomato chips!

They have organic roma tomatoes, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, fesh garlic, italian seasoning, spring water and bragg's liquid amino acid. all organic

about 30 chips come in a small bag... not the cheapest. with a dehydrator one could easily make 'em, i'd imagine.

but they're a yummy treat for sure!

I guess it's always better when it's eaten as found in the nature, whole and fresh.

That definition also means one on that plan wouldn't be able to soak, sprout or anything. Try eating Pinto Beans without sprouting them first( If you can even sprout them ). I don't think it would digest properly. There's a lot of food that we wouldn't be able to digest without doing something to it first.

I'm not big on raw anyways. I personally think it's a bit pointless to not eat certain foods just because some of the nutrients possibly die while cooking. In my opinion it's better to eat those foods and get what nutrients it does have then to eliminate those foods entirely( Not getting any of the nutrients they have to offer ) and stick with only foods that can be eaten as is.

I also personally think humans were meant to cook to some degree. Otherwise why would fire exist in our world? Fire exists in nature. So therefore I think fire was left to cook those foods which can't be eaten raw. Our species is a complex one. We are not like any other animal. The Digestive system of all animals works differently. So what may be right for some might not exactly fly for us. Panda's live on a diet that compromises mostly of Bamboo( As far as I know that's all they eat ) yet if we were to attempt this feat we would surely get sick.

But most importantly. I imagine that eating a diet of strictly raw food found in nature would make your stool very, very runny

I guess it's always better when it's eaten as found in the nature, whole and fresh.

That definition also means one on that plan wouldn't be able to soak, sprout or anything. Try eating Pinto Beans without sprouting them first( If you can even sprout them ). I don't think it would digest properly. There's a lot of food that we wouldn't be able to digest without doing something to it first.

I'm not big on raw anyways. I personally think it's a bit pointless to not eat certain foods just because some of the nutrients possibly die while cooking. In my opinion it's better to eat those foods and get what nutrients it does have then to eliminate those foods entirely( Not getting any of the nutrients they have to offer ) and stick with only foods that can be eaten as is.

I also personally think humans were meant to cook to some degree. Otherwise why would fire exist in our world? Fire exists in nature. So therefore I think fire was left to cook those foods which can't be eaten raw. Our species is a complex one. We are not like any other animal. The Digestive system of all animals works differently. So what may be right for some might not exactly fly for us. Panda's live on a diet that compromises mostly of Bamboo( As far as I know that's all they eat ) yet if we were to attempt this feat we would surely get sick.

Yes beans can sprout. But perhaps some stuff are simply not made to be eaten. Some stuff are just there to make the plant reproduce. Not everything is edible. Cooking it may help but not necessarily make it as perfectly digestible as fruits, for instance. Fire, if you think that it's God who created it for a particular purpose like for humans to cook things, your imagination is too fertile. It's a reaction of elements. Then why some elements exist? Some things are there for no particular reasons, eventhough Nature is made so that nothing is useless. Fire can be a good thing when lightning strikes a tree and the forest burns, then the forest reborns and relive, the soil is renewed. The fire keep us warm. Why would it be to cook food?

We can eat bamboo shoots. Why do you say sprouts are not found in nature? We can even eat seeds. Sprouting multiplies the vitamins, minerals and amino acids in seeds.

But most importantly. I imagine that eating a diet of strictly raw food found in nature would make your stool very, very runny
What makes you say this??

I say sprouting isn't found in nature because Beans don't sprout themselves. You need to soak these foods in water to sprout. Unless there's a freak flood which soaks mother nature and recedes the next day it would be hard to find naturally sprouting food( I am not denying that it happens I'm just saying it's unlikely ).

My final statement was from personal experience. A raw diet usually consists of lots of juicy fruit and vegetables. I went through 12 oranges and lets just say after about 8 hours it wasn't good.

I say sprouting isn't found in nature because Beans don't sprout themselves. You need to soak these foods in water to sprout. Unless there's a freak flood which soaks mother nature and recedes the next day it would be hard to find naturally sprouting food( I am not denying that it happens I'm just saying it's unlikely ).

My final statement was from personal experience. A raw diet usually consists of lots of juicy fruit and vegetables. I went through 12 oranges and lets just say after about 8 hours it wasn't good.

you were most likely detoxing. once you get used to a raw diet things will even out.

Well. Because I have been eating the Pasta and soy thing every day for almost 2-3 months now. And usually it's the way it's supposed to be. Hard, with little mess. Though after the oranges it was no longer so.

So it couldn't have been the soy sauce. Cause I've been doing that for months before

How do you think that plants become plants? Have you actually ever planted a seed?

When you plant a seed, you give it water to soak in. Then it sprouts and becomes a plant.

Sorry honey, but sprouting is a very important part of the nature.

You've got a point there .

In a way cooking is a part of nature too.

Lightning strikes a dead Gazelle, setting it on fire. The Lion whom had caught and killed the Gazelle right before the lightning struck gets upset because now he probably can't eat it. He takes a bit to check and realizes things taste better cooked. Though after that the Lion gets upset because he knows that he would never be able to do that again unless somehow lightning struck again which is rare. ," If only I had Opposable thumb," said the lion.

^ Sure. It's a bizarre and rare situation. But it could happen. Sorry for my extreme views. That's the way I view the world. Extremely.

The same example would work for plant eaters too. I'm sure somewhere in nature a Panda ate Bamboo which was fried when the Bamboo tree was struck by Lightning.

Lightning strikes a dead Gazelle, setting it on fire. The Lion whom had caught and killed the Gazelle right before the lightning struck gets upset because now he probably can't eat it. He takes a bit to check and realizes things taste better cooked. Though after that the Lion gets upset because he knows that he would never be able to do that again unless somehow lightning struck again which is rare. ," If only I had Opposable thumb," said the lion.

^ Sure. It's a bizarre and rare situation. But it could happen. Sorry for my extreme views. That's the way I view the world. Extremely.

Ever heard of forest fires? More likely to happen then scenario you proposed. But I had a nice laugh with your story there.