greetings from greece!

giorgos

Hi boys & girls,

i had come across this web site originally a couple of years ago but didn't really consider starting weight training & body building at that time! i was just impressed...wow!! is this really possible? being vegan and doing body building??? and now I'm finding myself for the last 3 months doing it too! and i really like it! the site is really helpful and promoting veganism on traditional "meat-eating" sports is really cool!

well, let's introduce myself. 29 years old male, 174cm height, living in athens/greece, vegan for the last 3 years (vegetarian 9 years). i was always a skinny guy weighting 62 kgr for the last 10 years without any fluctuations at all! and i was never doing any training except for some occasional cycling.

so this september i decided to start bulking up doing weight training (never is late!), so after 2.5 months i find myself weighting 73kgr. i think it's a good progress for start. i started weight training from very small weights 8kgr for squat and have reached to 24kgr squat, still very moderate number though. i want definitely to keep up bulking and building more muscle & strength.

my workout plan in a few words: i use just a pair of adjustable dumbbells for most of the excercises, and training 3 days a week alternating between two workouts. for the weight training excercises i'm doing 3 sets of 8 reps each.

workout A:

squat, stiff leg deadlift, single leg calfe raises

lying press, bent over rows, lying flys

overhead press, bicep curls, lying tricep extensions

lateral raise, abdominal crunches

(i complete 3 sets of each triset before going on to the next, resting 1min inbetween)

workout B:

pull-ups(or chin-ups), push-ups, abdominal crunches

about my nutrition, i was trying to eat around 2800 calories and using organic hemp protein as the only supplement but for the last month only. i can't say i'm very strict with my diet (don't calculate percentage of protein,carbs,fat), not eating always whole grain foods, drinking alcohol & coffee almost every day (small amounts though). i know, i have to change all these

well, this is me in a few words, i hope we can help and encourage each other through this forum.

take care,

george

Welcome!

my workout plan in a few words: i use just a pair of adjustable dumbbells for most of the excercises, and training 3 days a week alternating between two workouts. for the weight training excercises i'm doing 3 sets of 8 reps each.

workout A:

lying press, bent over rows, lying flys

overhead press, bicep curls, lying tricep extensions

lateral raise, abdominal crunches

(i complete 3 sets of each triset before going on to the next, resting 1min inbetween)

workout B:

pull-ups(or chin-ups), push-ups, abdominal crunches

This is a great set of exercises, but be careful not to do too much as you add intensity. Right now you're getting away with alternating these every two days, but as you get closer to your body's real potential, you'll also need more time for recovery. At that point, or even now, you might think about splitting muscle groups. You'll almost certainly need to space out the squats and deads before anything else, as they're hitting some very large muscles.

Feel free to ask for advice in the training forums, too! And good luck!

not really many vegans here. it's a traditionally meat-eating country and people do not change their habits easily..

anyway, thanks for the support. i'll post my workout/nutrition questions on the respective forums and when i find some time i'll create a log with some progress photos.

see you around...

Hey, beautiful intro. Sound like a greta person. NICE jump in bodyweight and with the way you adhere to a strict diet, i'm sure a good chunk of your weight gain is LBM aka slabs of muscles especially because you just started lifting and you grow the quickest in the very beginning.

Looking forward to seeing your presence on the boards :D