Introduction

pumpkin

Hello people,

this is my first post!

I have always wanted to bulk up a little especially on top for a few years but never got round to it.

The only sports I have ever consistently done is cycling, so I have a very weedy upper and well built legs.

In fact my upper body is so weak, that if I try to pitch a ball fast I sprain my shoulder pretty much guaranteed.

Also the muscles around my abdomen are so lacking, that I get back ache and a creaky spine which makes loud clicks when i stretch!

Ive seen a physio who told me its all to do with lack of muscle.

So all of those reasons, combined with wanting to get fitter for cycle racing and because getting regularly exerted during this cold wet winter would be satisfying.

I might stick about here and ask for advice time to time.

Well something I was wondering is, if anyone has a excel spreadsheet to chart training progress?

Im really bad at spreadsheets, but it would be great to see progress clearly through some charts. Can anyone help me out with that?

Thanks

Welcome Pumpkin. Not like i'm trying to lure you away as being am active vegan this is one of the best resources on the internet for advice/blogs/etc..... ut on bodybuilding.com, you can create a 'bodyspace' that will track stuff you're looking to track and create a graph out of it for you. I have never used it seen it nor do i post there as it is a mass on confusion with zero personality and too heavily trafficked for my likings but you can use that portion of it and link to it whenever. Plenty of people do I'm sure you could do other stuff more specific to your likings with your own spreadsheet but that's a pretty damn good start being you don;t know how. Hope you enjoy your time here!!

Welcome!

I'd start by just increasing your protein intake and starting to lift weights with full body workout 3 times a week. Start with light weights and put more weights every time. You'll be in good shape in no time.

I just post the reps I make in my online training log in this board. That way I can check how much I lifted last time and then I'll add some more if appropriate.

Thanks,

yeah it was a silly question really.

Ill try and put something together myself as I get more familiar with training, I found cycle training book in the library with some pretty good stuff.

Ill make a regime out of that. And a chart for it.

Ive also discovered the romanian deadlift, which seems perfect for working my lower back where I really need some strength.

Im sorted for protein, beans & pulses have always been my favourite food.