200 lb. Kettlebell - 1 arm Jerk

Troy

They were the best at the time. Anyone had the opertunity to sign up and fight. The bottom line is to this day every top fighters core fighting disiplines are from around 6-10 different arts. If you don't have a grappling game your not making it in MMA, doesn't matter how great your stand up is. BJJ is still to this day the top of all grappling arts if you look at who wins ADCC the most. it's not even close.

They were the best at the time.
You don't know what you're talking about. The Gracies hand picked weak opponents they knew Royce would beat so they could market their product. Art Jimmerson was not the best boxer at that time.

The top boxers at the time were making millions and millions boxing why would they come and Risk getting beat for what 50 grand. Other arts they weren't much money to be made. If you know any thing about grappling you know at the top level of grappling BJJ wins more then any other art.

Modern day MMA they have it figured out what works and what doesn't. Before MMA people thought there were people fighting like in the movies, and 90 year old masters that could beat a man with one finger. Anyone can fight in MMA and the money is good but still only limited styles are being used effectivly becasue most styles arn't effective

I was hoping this was a video of Troy with a 200 lb Kettlebell.

Sorry! I could make a video of me OWNING a 20 lb kettelbell!, yet not quite as impressive...

Good thread, although it got steered off topic, I enjoyed reading and good to see Daywalker back in the mix...