Happy New Year, everybody!

Emilyrobin

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a vegan who's wanted to e super-fit for as long as I can remember and this is the year I'm going to do it!

I started working with a personal trainer, free weights, about three weeks ago, 3-4 days a week, 1 1/2- 2 hours a session. I really want to get lean and muscular; I feel like I have muscle growth going on, but not body fat loss, yet!

I love this forum, and look forward to being an active member!

Emily

Hey Emily,

Welcome! Great stuff! I know you will achieve your fitness goals. We have fun here but we have a serious aspect too, a competitive aspect in a friendly way with our contests and great community support.

All the best and welcome aboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Traveling and living in different places is great. I grew up in Rochester, but I lived in Edinburgh, Scotland, London, England, Washington, DC, San Francisco and Westchester County, NY. We moved up here when we had the first two kids to be closer to family, and have a nice house with a big yard!

Welcome, Emily!

Sounds like you've started a proper body reformation program! Good luck with it!

You said you haven't lost fat that much yet. Don't worry. If you keep getting good results with weight training, your muscles will grow and they'll start burning more calories all the time. It's not very easy to burn fat and gain muscles at the same time, so you might want to keep building those muscles for a while, then have a fast cutting period. After that it should be quite easy to maintain a lean, muscular body. But hey, every body is unique... you'll figure out yourself what's best for you.

Thanks, you two, for the Finnish welcome!

I'm certainly "firming" up, and I'm now doing the online personal training with VeggiePrincess, so I"m sure I'll have success.

I'm glad it's winter here, and I can get away with wearing sweat pants. Hopefully this summer I can show-off my lean muscles!

Emily