Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yest I had so much trouble with my internet I couldnt post what I did in the gym and what happened after cardio.

20min warmup on treadmill

Legs for about an hour

20min treadmill

Nighttime cardio- 35min cardio

10 treadmill(interval)

10 bike

15 precor

I was locked out of my apt for an hour and a half last night right after my cardio. Was tired and hungry!!

This morning my weight is at 181. I think my scale is off though. When I got my BF done the doc's scale said 179lbs. When I got home it said 185. Think mine is wrong. Got up at 3:30am hungry so I went to the kitchen and made myself a Sun Warrior protein shake and back to bed.

Love love love the ab wheel, nice I never see that one enough. Also first time I think I have ever seen you smile. Your wife, I think that is her behind the camera, sound like she is from Alabama, but you sound like you are from some where else, like texas. Anyways love the vids. How come you are not training at Fitness Together after hours?

I love the video too. question for you on your front squat grip? Why did you cross you hands? Is that a better more sturdy grip? I don't do that and usually it is rough on my wrist. Sometimes I am choking myself and I usually get a bruise on my clavicle bone.

Nice work with the Front Squats Octo, I'm doing a lot of these at the moment, such a great exercise.

The Cross hands Grip is just another variation MaryStella, I also prefer this grip as it is easier on my wrists elbows and feels more stable.

Most powerlifters tend to use the clean type grip

aluck, if you put a thin pad on the bar it will help stop the bruising on your clavicle.

Just don't use too thick a pad, or it will roll out of position and you will end up holding the bar on your arms.

Yeah I was too lazy to find a pad..

With the straight grip - how Im used to doing them I found this AM I was stronger, or maybe just more comfortable.. Either way I supersetted them and bounced between the two.. Im gonna be SORE!!!!!!! Sweet dude.

And bruises are sexy when well earned.

Nice work with the Front Squats Octo, I'm doing a lot of these at the moment, such a great exercise.

The Cross hands Grip is just another variation MaryStella, I also prefer this grip as it is easier on my wrists elbows and feels more stable.

Most powerlifters tend to use the clean type grip

aluck, if you put a thin pad on the bar it will help stop the bruising on your clavicle.

Just don't use too thick a pad, or it will roll out of position and you will end up holding the bar on your arms.

Thanks - I am going to try this out next time and see if i like it better. I'm too tough to use a pad. Just kidding.

you look really really cut, big diffreence from your first post.....

crazy question, how long have you been vegan>? how long have you been bodybuilding?

al

very inspirational BTW

Hey Jimi, Just wondering what your goals are for the final few weeks? Looking at your pics you could walk on stage right now and do very, very well.

Thanks for the posi comment. I would like my muscles to feel fuller and rounder. Anyone have any suggestion on what I should do in these last 6 weeks? Im getting sick of being restricted on diet, but I know I have to do it!!

Here are some pics in my medium trunks right after 50min of cardio(25 treadmill/25 bike) and some situps. I felt much better taking these pics.

http://i43.tinypic.com/if25qs.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/svm91l.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/19xkye.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/fucmio.jpg

Even just use a towel around the bar, it should make it a little less abrasive.

Oh my clavicle bruise blends in nicely with my kickboxing bruises! People ask me all the time if I am abused. They feel better when I tell them I kickboxing. I'll try the towel since it can't hurt.

Your wife, I think that is her behind the camera, sound like she is from Alabama, but you sound like you are from some where else, like texas. Anyways love the vids. How come you are not training at Fitness Together after hours?

Camera person is just a friend and not my wife. She is from Mississippi and Im from Oklahoma. So... close. I never liked training at FT in the first place. Its only a studio and I worked there all morning into the mid afternoon. Im not training there after hours because I dont work there anymore.

you look really really cut, big diffreence from your first post.....

crazy question, how long have you been vegan? how long have you been bodybuilding?

al

very inspirational BTW

I become vegan back in 2007. I have been into bodybuilding ever since I started working out 8.5 years ago.

I appreciate all the positive comments and am glad you guys/gals enjoy looking at them.

I will post more videos after I get them all uploaded.

Yesterday's workout consisted of mostly Delts, heavy Biceps & Triceps, and an attempt at abs.

Today's workout was a little lats, chest, biceps.

Video Time:

Here is a video from today. 95lb db chest press

Yesterday: 85lb EZ curls superset with tri ext

Ending of multiple supersets with a 40rep burnout and me saying a potty word.

Me before ab wheel attempt:This is for you Dani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8FiXwyUoA

The attempt at standing roll-outs. My abs and legs were(and still are) fried.

My dinner last night after working out. Man, I sound country..

Awesome!

Love the videos man!

Love to see you in the kitchen, making food and pressing those 95's like they are nothin!

Thanks again for posting videos. I'm getting more and more pumped to post more too! I maxed out the storage for videos/photos on my computer so I can't upload anything these days but bvp663 has all my files and soon I'll get an external harddrive so I can share vids too.

Keep them coming, this is great stuff!

Still reading.. Texting is just less effort. Here though. I promise! And your kicking ass by the way - totally proud! Check out colorado shows today for this fall and see if you can find me one that you think would be a good first time attempt..

Sweet MaryStella!! Yeah try and do 3 sets of 10. Its killer if you go out far enough to feel the static pause then feel the contraction the whole way back. On the second video of me doing them I didnt go out as far because I couldnt. On just the first rep it felt as if my abs were gonna bust open from all angles. I had really hit abs hard both Mon and Tues.

Here is a video of me today. light day. I hadnt had much to eat... like a banana and a bunch of Sun Warrior protein drinks in almond milk, so I didnt feel up to a grueling workout. Did some bent over rows, seated leg xtn's, and then some dips. 5 sets of 20 on each exercise. My arms in the video look pretty good in High Def.