Just got back from Watchmen

Richard

Any fans of the comic book who are thinking "Hmm, well they'll probably mess it up" - I'm here to tell you that it's 99% spot on. They get everything absolutely correct, all the dialogue is accurate (to the point that it seems that almost all of it is directly from the comic and not screwed around with), casting is fantastic, plot is identical with 1 exception, which is different. I am not sure why they changed it, and whilst I dislike the fact that it is altered - simply because it does not respect the original - I don't think it is bad in itself, it makes sense, and fits in fine.

I barely have anything negative to say - sometimes the soundtrack was poor, generally I thought it was good. But sometimes they did mess it up, one particular scene was ruined by the music definitely. The only other problem I had was that some of the action / fighting was a bit too smooth and "cool". Not a big deal, it looked great, and nothing was really crazy, just sometimes people got chucked / punched / kicked a bit too far, so it made the characters seem too strong when they are meant to just be dudes.

Over all I was totally impressed, especially by the faithfulness. Don't know if I would recommend it to people who have not read the comic, as it is long, and probably a bit confusing to those who are new to it, I don't know, I've read the book a million times so I already knew what was going on.

Rorschach...

coolest charactar ever. Great great casting.

Rorschach and Comedian, great casting. Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias, terrible casting. Matthew Goode has a talent for sucking the life out of his scenes.

Nifty twist on the ending to make it more cinematic, too.

• 2 weeks later...