gnc boo boo

Hmm no dairy but it contains milk

Idiots..

The other day I went to a restaurant and got a portabella burger and said "No dairy! No animal products etc.." and the waitress goes "yeah ok" so it comes back loaded with MAYO!! IDIOT! GARRRR!!! So I spent the next day in bed feeling like absolute garbage and have some nice red spots on my face. I told her I was allergic too and she didn't seem to care.

Back when I drank a lot of coffee I noticed this in our office.

All the " non-dairy " creamer had in bold Allergy Warning Contains Milk at the bottom of the label.

I just went back and looked, now it doesn't say Non Dairy on the front label.

just want to complain about GNC. I avoid that place as much as possible. Stopped in for a blender bottle and was hungry so i grabbed a few larabars so I wouldn't get cranky. i was impressed GNC would actually have something I would eat, both of the ones I bought were moldy even though they were not passed their expiration dates. I should have known better than to buy them there but I was hungry. So I was cranky since I didn't get to eat them. I am back to boycotting GNC.

Back when I drank a lot of coffee I noticed this in our office.

All the " non-dairy " creamer had in bold Allergy Warning Contains Milk at the bottom of the label.

I just went back and looked, now it doesn't say Non Dairy on the front label.

"Non-dairy" is required for dairy-like products that contain less than 2% real dairy. Apparently the industry doesn't want people to think they are getting genuine wholesome cow secretion when they pick up a bottle of non-refrigerated chocolate toffee nut "creamer

Edit: Looking around now, I don't think that 2% is necessarily accurate. The "non-dairy" label is regulated at the (US) state level.

Edited by chrisjs

Actually that 2% number is something I've heard for years but never looked into until just now. Apparently the reason is because the creamer doesn't actually contain cream it gets labeled non-dairy. That "non-dairy" label is actually regulated by various state laws. I can't find anything to confirm the 2% figure now.