Greetings from the potato state

TrailMinx

Hello there everyone!

I'm brand new to weightlifting and semi-new to being vegan (just over 2 years now). I live in Boise, ID...but grew up in Portland, OR (where I was vegetarian for about 10 years prior to the switch to vegan). Kind of backwards I suppose, since PDX is a much more veggie-friendly city than Boise. But it hasn't been that difficult a transition, and my cooking skills have most definitely improved (due to necessity, lol).

Anyway, about me - female, 31, running my 3rd marathon in a few months, training for my first ultramarathon (50K) in October. I also cycle and swim on a master's team. So...can we say plenty of cardio?

I must admit - my motivation for finally getting into weightlifting is mostly cosmetic. I mean, how cool is it to be better shape in your 30's then you ever were?

I'm 5'3" and about 118 with 17-18% bodyfat but I'm not particularly defined (not as well as I'd like at least)...I've decided it's time to stop being afraid of the weights!

welcome! I'm sure you'll see awesome results! I was just in Boise earlier this year, you guys have a great co-op! loved all of the coffee houses and the see jane run store. It seems like a city on it's way to being 'veg-friendly'.

• 5 months later...

I just realized I never welcomed you! I've only missed a few people with welcomes....so I apologize, I must have been traveling or something.....anyway, thanks for posting the recent pics and of course thanks so much for supporting Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness!

....now I am finally saying....Welcome!

-Robert