Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

Right now I've mostly been outside. I was just trying to get in the miles...not really doing intervals or anything like that, just base building. The last couple of weeks I've been swamped and haven't had time for longer rides...I really want to work those back in. The longest ride I built to was only 30 miles and I would like to get to 50 by the end of summer. I'm going to be away from my bike a lot over the next few weeks though so it looks like I'll have to supplement with spin classes and stationary bikes. Boo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, May 27th:

Finally got my butt into the gym to do some strength training.

Bench:

45 x 5

65 x 5

75 x 5

75 x 5

75 x 5

75 x 5

Negative Chins: 5 sets of 5

DB Shoulder Press:

15 x 8

17.5 x 8

17.5 x 8

Lat Pulldown:

60 x 8

75 x 8

75 x 8

Incline DB Press:

22.5 x 8

25 x 6 (fail)

25 x 5 (fail)

Captain's Chair: 3 sets of 8

50 min. swim

I wanted to get in a bike ride tonight but it's super windy and gross out. Boo.

No! This has been a really weird 'summer' so far. And to be fair, other parts of Canada are having much better weather. I just live in a horrible part, snow-ridden part.

Sunday, May 30th:

One Arm DB Row:

25 x 8

25 x 8

27.5 x 8

Cable Pulldown: (this one in kgs instead of lbs)

30 x 8

30 x 8

30 x 8

DB Hammer Curls:

15 x 8

17.5 x 8

20 x 8

DB Lateral Raise:

8 x 8

10 x 8

10 x 8

Assisted Dips:

30 x 8

30 x 8

30 x 8

Hyperextensions:

25 x 8

25 x 8

25 x 8

45 min. spin class

Wednesday, June 2nd:

What my GPS says: 7.5 mile run (1:16:03)

Actual run was a bit over 8 miles....I paused the GPS at a stop light and forgot to turn it back on for a bit over a half mile. Oops.

On a plane bright and early tomorrow morning - I'm going to a conference. I am taking my running shoes with me and I am hoping to hit up a pool while I'm there. After the conference I am heading to my home town for a few days to visit family before I move to California. There isn't a pool in my home town but at least I can go running.

Thanks! That duathlon time was horrible! Mostly because I sucked on the bike. It was too hot for me. Oh well - I still had fun!

I'm out of town at a conference for a few days. Brought my running shoes though!

Friday, June 4th:

5 mile run (50:10)

Not going to lie...I was hung over for this. While running I was okay, but whenever I stopped at a light or for traffic I felt pretty queasy. All in all I think the run helped me recover.

This is why I hardly drink anymore - getting too old for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I haven't been updating while I was traveling, but I did manage to get in a few runs:

Sunday, June 6th: A LOT of walking...hours and hours.

Monday, June 7th: Quick 3.23 mile run (28:48)

Tuesday, June 8th: 7.87 mile run (1:21:54)

Wednesday, June 9th: 5 mile run (50:38)

Thursday, June 10th: 3 mile run (27:16)

Sunday, June 13th: 20.34 mile ride on my beater bike (1:43:55)

There, up-to-date.

Also, my start date at Adobe has been pushed back to 7/12, which is great as it gives me a little more breathing room. Immigration/visa stuff is still not worked out. Sigh.

Thanks! That duathlon time was horrible! Mostly because I sucked on the bike. It was too hot for me. Oh well - I still had fun!

I'm out of town at a conference for a few days. Brought my running shoes though!

Friday, June 4th:

5 mile run (50:10)

Not going to lie...I was hung over for this. While running I was okay, but whenever I stopped at a light or for traffic I felt pretty queasy. All in all I think the run helped me recover.

This is why I hardly drink anymore - getting too old for this!

I'm impressed that you went running while hung over. Way to persevere!

Yeah, it was a good reminder of why I don't drink much anymore!

Monday, June 14th:

Didn't get in any training, but went for a long (2.25 hours) walk with my camera. Was eaten alive by mosquitoes. Some shots:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4704341056_47de7f4541.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4703707095_5e6877835e.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1274/4703668621_82072968bf.jpg

Tuesday, June 15th:

5.99 mile run (1:04:33)

Ugggh, why does running in the afternoon always make me so ill?? It doesn't matter how long it has been since I've eaten, I always feel queasy and super nauseous and that feeling continues long afterward.

Felt gross my entire run. It's been a couple of hours and I still have an upset stomach.

This happens whenever I try to run anytime but the morning

I wonder if it is a hydration issue? although you should have that in the morning too. I personally give myself a 2 hour window if possible of not eating before training and that helped me a lot. I hope you can figure something out that works for you. Good news is all tris are in the morning. bad news is the run is last.

Yeah, I think it was about 2.5 hours. Last time I tried running in the afternoon was a couple of months ago and I ended up puking and getting quite sick a few miles from home. I was running weird and that's when I hurt my foot. Next time I will try longer. The problem is I get hungry every 3 hours or so!

Okay so visa/immigration drama is settled, but with some bad (kinda) news. My visa won't start until Oct. 1st. However, I will be working remotely (from here) starting in July. The bad news is that I've missed the boat on registering for most of the tris around here. I'm trying to see what I can still get into. That's a bit of a disappointment. But I guess if that's the only thing that goes wrong with an international move I'm doing well. Kind of let down about not getting to Cali for another few months, but at least I still get to skip winter!