Is Oprah's KFC Promotion Hypocritical?

Vegan Joe

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/fresh-greens/2009/05/06/is-oprahs-kfc-promotion-hypocritical.html

The Queen of All Media announced recently that she wanted to help cash-strapped families in the recession by putting a chicken on every table, courtesy of Kentucky Fried Chicken (knowing her history, she certainly wouldn't be handing out free burgers). Though it may have been a benevolent gesture to help out Americans going through tough times, the move may not have been a wise one for her image.

Oprah is now dodging ...

Certainly, a silly move, why would you want to promote KFC? However, if another celebrity did this, then that website probably would have reported it in a positive way. Media . Peta certainly need to be more careful in who they choose to associate themselves with.

I think Oprah is just a mainstream hack.

She loves the cute widdle animals and will abstain from eating meat herself at times as a weight loss device, but she's always been a mouthpiece for the status quo. Even her seemingly alternative things are really just mainstream, packaged as alternative. She even did a whole bunch of stuff to support Bush's middle east wars. She was a big part of why the man from her state of Illinois is in the president's seat right now, and he's got the same dynamic going on... riding the alternative bandwagon right into mainstream, corporate driven, status quo land.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh actually I work for PETA and we believe that Oprah (like many people) was just told a mistruth. We wrote to her in private and requested she view the video of our undercover investigations. Obviously its embarrassing since we just picked her as our "Person of the Year", but I think she's still a work in progress. After all, we didn't all go vegan overnight

• 1 month later...
Oh actually I work for PETA and we believe that Oprah (like many people) was just told a mistruth. We wrote to her in private and requested she view the video of our undercover investigations. Obviously its embarrassing since we just picked her as our "Person of the Year", but I think she's still a work in progress. After all, we didn't all go vegan overnight

i hope she watches: http://www.earthlings.com/ that will make her go vegan overnight! lol.