BICEPS competition - submit photos here

Richard

Holy crap girl! I sure hope you start a blog in here, cuz I'm gonna be raiding it for tips

I second this motion.

I toyed with the notion of entering a pic until I actually came in here and saw the competition. I got nothing on Ruz. A++!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hej,

this is my entry pic : the Front Double Biceps. I am really bad at posing so please don´t mind...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3563/fdb.jpg

If you notice, this is my first post, i was quite active in this forum some year or two ago but i had to delete my account because of stalking work mates.

Looking great man and welcome back! We have to manually approve posts until post count gets to 5 to help us avoid spam, but I'll try to approve your posts as fast as I can and then you'll be fine after 5 posts.

Great to see you back in action and large and in charge!

TO ALL THE WOMEN/FEMALE ATHLETES ON THE FORUM.......

Just wanted to encourage you all to compete. While this is a competition and we will have voting etc etc it is also a way to participate and show the stuff off that you've been working on all this time. For many, a reason why you're here on the forum. I'd like to see a good number of competitors/participants out there for each comp It would be nice for all to highlight themselves in a positive light and that will happen simply by entering, no matter what level you are at. I am looking forward to seeing more entries It's all about the community.............

Holy crap girl! I sure hope you start a blog in here, cuz I'm gonna be raiding it for tips

I second this motion.

I toyed with the notion of entering a pic until I actually came in here and saw the competition. I got nothing on Ruz. A++!!

I second this motion.

Well thanks again..but I'm sure I'm not that much bigger than anyone really! I just know how to carb load before taking fotos. Also, remember to use light well when you take photos..it makes a lot of difference. If you really want to get the max out of the appearance of your muscle, you could also do a creatine load which will pump you up even more

About posting a blog..it would require massive effort because I've never used a set workout routine. I change the way I workout nearly every time I go to the gym, personally its the only way I can continue growing because after my first year training I reached some type of plateau and just didn't grow. it was only when I changed from using a lot of isolation exercises to using more core exercises that my muscles started to grow again. I try to stay off the machines now and use mainly free weights and I also try to surprise my muscles all the time. One day i do pump type training working opposing muscles back to back before a 30 sec-1 min rest. Another day I do HIT training with up to 3 minutes between series and only 3-6 reps. Otherdays I may do drop series or negatives. On heavy days I do only core exercies, but when I use lighter weights I do some isolation exerercies. I also greatly vary the speed in which I do the repetition, sometimes doing explosive movements and sometimes very slow controlled movements..then I combine these and do the first part of the exercies explosively and the negative slowly. Reps can take anywhere from less than 1 second to about 10 seconds (holding the muscle fully contracted in the middle)..so perhaps now you can see how it would be difficult for me to keep a log as such!! I could do it at the moment though I suppose because I am on the UD2 diet and have had to change by training accordingly and use a much more structured routine..although I must admit that the training with UD2 is like a more structured form of the training I was using before You use a 2 way body split: shoulders, legs, abs and calves on one day..then all the other muscles on the other day. On monday and tuesday you do pump style workouts (high reps, little rest, very aerobic) on wednesday you rest, on Thursday you do a full body workout using 8-12 reps, medium weights, Friday rest, Saturday is when you go for strength gains..full body workout, very anaerobic, heavy weights, 3-6 reps, long rests.

You could give the UD2 diet and training plan a go if you're looking for a change or something to stimulate recomposition (i've lost 5% fat and gained a kilo in 4 weeks!!!). The varied reps used and the long rests between heavy workouts should work very well to stimulate muscle growth in almost anyone, especially anoyone who has been using the standard resistance training techniques employed by most people trying to build muscle. The typical 3 series per body part, 8-10 reps etc will only take you so far, but as most people are taught this way they think that varying the type of exercise done will stimulate new muscle growth when this simply isn't the most important factor... I personally wasted a lot of time learning this! Your body adapts to new exercises astonishingly quickly so you have to be ever more inventive about new ways to stimulate muscle growth. I also think that once you get out of the standard resistance style workouts, going to the gym becomes a lot more fun. You can be truly inventive and creative! I've often done things like go in the gym just to do 21's! I usually train alone but when I get an idea in my head for something like "1 hour of squats" i chat to the guys from the gym and ask them who's up for it..there's always someone out there bored with their training routine and wanting to do something different. I'm also lucky to have some good freinds at the gym who are quite vigorexic and love it when I suggest something off the wall!

A lot of people presume that I must eat a lot of protein but its not true. I've only ever eaten about 20-30grms a day really (although on the UD2 this has increased significantly). I've read about how the body uses food to produce protein and I think that the recommended amount is a myth promoted by companies who want to sell protein supplements. In my experience good quality carbs and amino acids are more important than protein.

Well, hope that has been of some use!

Nice Gunz and front Lat spread!

Hej,

this is my entry pic : the Front Double Biceps. I am really bad at posing so please don´t mind...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3563/fdb.jpg

If you notice, this is my first post, i was quite active in this forum some year or two ago but i had to delete my account because of stalking work mates.

I second this motion.

Well thanks again..but I'm sure I'm not that much bigger than anyone really! I just know how to carb load before taking fotos. Also, remember to use light well when you take photos..it makes a lot of difference. If you really want to get the max out of the appearance of your muscle, you could also do a creatine load which will pump you up even more

About posting a blog..it would require massive effort because I've never used a set workout routine. I change the way I workout nearly every time I go to the gym, personally its the only way I can continue growing because after my first year training I reached some type of plateau and just didn't grow. it was only when I changed from using a lot of isolation exercises to using more core exercises that my muscles started to grow again. I try to stay off the machines now and use mainly free weights and I also try to surprise my muscles all the time. One day i do pump type training working opposing muscles back to back before a 30 sec-1 min rest. Another day I do HIT training with up to 3 minutes between series and only 3-6 reps. Otherdays I may do drop series or negatives. On heavy days I do only core exercies, but when I use lighter weights I do some isolation exerercies. I also greatly vary the speed in which I do the repetition, sometimes doing explosive movements and sometimes very slow controlled movements..then I combine these and do the first part of the exercies explosively and the negative slowly. Reps can take anywhere from less than 1 second to about 10 seconds (holding the muscle fully contracted in the middle)..so perhaps now you can see how it would be difficult for me to keep a log as such!! I could do it at the moment though I suppose because I am on the UD2 diet and have had to change by training accordingly and use a much more structured routine..although I must admit that the training with UD2 is like a more structured form of the training I was using before You use a 2 way body split: shoulders, legs, abs and calves on one day..then all the other muscles on the other day. On monday and tuesday you do pump style workouts (high reps, little rest, very aerobic) on wednesday you rest, on Thursday you do a full body workout using 8-12 reps, medium weights, Friday rest, Saturday is when you go for strength gains..full body workout, very anaerobic, heavy weights, 3-6 reps, long rests.

You could give the UD2 diet and training plan a go if you're looking for a change or something to stimulate recomposition (i've lost 5% fat and gained a kilo in 4 weeks!!!). The varied reps used and the long rests between heavy workouts should work very well to stimulate muscle growth in almost anyone, especially anoyone who has been using the standard resistance training techniques employed by most people trying to build muscle. The typical 3 series per body part, 8-10 reps etc will only take you so far, but as most people are taught this way they think that varying the type of exercise done will stimulate new muscle growth when this simply isn't the most important factor... I personally wasted a lot of time learning this! Your body adapts to new exercises astonishingly quickly so you have to be ever more inventive about new ways to stimulate muscle growth. I also think that once you get out of the standard resistance style workouts, going to the gym becomes a lot more fun. You can be truly inventive and creative! I've often done things like go in the gym just to do 21's! I usually train alone but when I get an idea in my head for something like "1 hour of squats" i chat to the guys from the gym and ask them who's up for it..there's always someone out there bored with their training routine and wanting to do something different. I'm also lucky to have some good freinds at the gym who are quite vigorexic and love it when I suggest something off the wall!

A lot of people presume that I must eat a lot of protein but its not true. I've only ever eaten about 20-30grms a day really (although on the UD2 this has increased significantly). I've read about how the body uses food to produce protein and I think that the recommended amount is a myth promoted by companies who want to sell protein supplements. In my experience good quality carbs and amino acids are more important than protein.

Well, hope that has been of some use!

Yes! These are the types of tips we need! New and creative stuff. That's awesome. I've totally hit a plateau this year and gotten so frustrated that my muscles won't grow.

If you do start a blog, just fill it in with random tips like this. I never post my routine in my blog either.. Sometimes I do, but rarely. My blog is mostly just a journal filled with my thoughts and goals.

Hey, Ruz! Could you tell us a little more about the UD2 diet/program? How has it been working for you so far? How many calories do you get on a daily basis? How much protein, carbs, fat? I've got the book, but haven't read it yet, so I'm wondering whether it's worth the time I also plan to start cutting this Monday, so any tips would be much appreciated.

Hey, Ruz! Could you tell us a little more about the UD2 diet/program? How has it been working for you so far? How many calories do you get on a daily basis? How much protein, carbs, fat? I've got the book, but haven't read it yet, so I'm wondering whether it's worth the time I also plan to start cutting this Monday, so any tips would be much appreciated.

No probs..i've just uploaded a weeks workout and diet plan onto the vegeterian bodybuilding forum. Somethings happened to my pc so i can't send you the link, but if you do a google search "UD2 diet vegeterian" you'll find it no probs. There is also a complete workout and diet plan (although he is vegeterian) from Steve holt on that site. Its quite interesting to read his whole training log when he was on the UD2. Its a tough diet but effective and if you can get through how completely sh*t you feel during the first week, it gets a lot easier and the results spur you on!

If for some reason you can't find what i uploaded, let me know and I'll leave you a copy on this site.

I would also recommend buying some electronic scales if you don't already have some, and using one of the on-line sites to calculate your nutrients. It's a bit of a pain in the ass at first because they don't have many speciality vegan foods in their lists and you have to imput numbeers manually, but once you have a few ingredients and recipes saved it really is an invaluable tool on the UD2 diet.

I found it took up quite a lot of work the first two weeks but then it was only about 10 minutes a day after that. I use a webpage called "Nutritionaldata know what you eat" again, sorry but I can't send you the link. hopefully I'll get my pc sorted out and be a bit more useful! Anyway, anymore questions and I'd be happy to help.

No probs..i've just uploaded a weeks workout and diet plan onto the vegeterian bodybuilding forum. Somethings happened to my pc so i can't send you the link, but if you do a google search "UD2 diet vegeterian" you'll find it no probs. There is also a complete workout and diet plan (although he is vegeterian) from Steve holt on that site. Its quite interesting to read his whole training log when he was on the UD2. Its a tough diet but effective and if you can get through how completely sh*t you feel during the first week, it gets a lot easier and the results spur you on!

If for some reason you can't find what i uploaded, let me know and I'll leave you a copy on this site.

I would also recommend buying some electronic scales if you don't already have some, and using one of the on-line sites to calculate your nutrients. It's a bit of a pain in the ass at first because they don't have many speciality vegan foods in their lists and you have to imput numbeers manually, but once you have a few ingredients and recipes saved it really is an invaluable tool on the UD2 diet.

I found it took up quite a lot of work the first two weeks but then it was only about 10 minutes a day after that. I use a webpage called "Nutritionaldata know what you eat" again, sorry but I can't send you the link. hopefully I'll get my pc sorted out and be a bit more useful! Anyway, anymore questions and I'd be happy to help.

I've found the website - I'll check it out, thanks! The only problem is that the diet outlined there is for maintenance and I want to lose some flab. I also just started reading the book itself That should clear it up.

I've found the website - I'll check it out, thanks! The only problem is that the diet outlined there is for maintenance and I want to lose some flab. I also just started reading the book itself That should clear it up.

Well I'm on about 50g carb and 1,200kcal a day..that's not for maintenance!

Get to the last eentries..it should be the vegan diet which i uploaded today

what's the URL for Nutritionaldata know what you eat? I used to used thedailyplate.com (now part of livestrong.com) and they actually had a surprising amount of vegan foods already on there.

Anyway, to join in the endless stream of compliments....Great freakin' biceps! Good job!

what's the URL for Nutritionaldata know what you eat? I used to used thedailyplate.com (now part of livestrong.com) and they actually had a surprising amount of vegan foods already on there.

Anyway, to join in the endless stream of compliments....Great freakin' biceps! Good job!

It's nutritiondata.com You can also try fitday.com - a lot of people had great success with it. Personally, I prefer a program called CRON-O-METER - it's really easy to use, very informative (breaks your diet down into p/c/f percentages, shows how you're doing micronutrient-wise relative to RDAs, et cetera) and has quite a large food database. If you're interested, you can download it on the net for free, just type "cron-o-meter" in teh Googles

. Personally, I prefer a program called CRON-O-METER - it's really easy to use, very informative (breaks your diet down into p/c/f percentages, shows how you're doing micronutrient-wise relative to RDAs, et cetera) and has quite a large food database. If you're interested, you can download it on the net for free, just type "cron-o-meter" in teh Googles

Wow..thanks! gonna download that and check it out!

Wow..that's SO cool!!

This is just the most convenient tool..and for free!! THANKS!

Well actually..I'm editing this post now..I've being using this programme for a day and I don't think it's the one for me...Its just you can only input ingredients and can't save recpies..so for things I eat often like baked tofu, TVP porridge, pea and hemp protein biscuits etc...I have to input ALL the ingredients everytime I eat them! (correct me if I'm wrong...)

Also, if it doesn't have an ingredients you can't input it manually and some of the values are a bit off....their soy milk has loads more carbs than the one I use..like 3 times more!! etc.

I think it would be useful for weekends when my diet isn't so strict just to get a rough idea of macronutrients eaten, but during low carb days I prefer something a little more adaptable and accurate and a system that can save my recipes.

I tried fitday before and like it, but sometimes I feel like a "data entry administrator" and get a bit pissed off inputting numbers into my pc. I don't mind doing the diet but my training routine as well? Uff! No thanks..I'll stick to a pen and paper because I use so many drop series, super series, negatives etc it would be a nightmare to keep track of them on fitday..although for someone who follows a much more "standard" training routine and doesn't change their workout every couple of days, this would be ideal.

Edited by Ruz

Nice pics so far, everyone

Ruz, well, you can edit the foods that are in the database, so that they would correspond what you actually eat (if the soymilk you use is lower in carbs - just edit it) and you can also create your own entries (just calculate how many calories, how much protein, carbs and fats, minerals and vitamins the dish in question contains, input all those values into a "new food" and call it "crambled tofu with broccoli and ground flaxseeds" or whatever it is), so you do not need to type everything every single time. But hey, if you don't like it - that's fine, just find something that works for you