Warning: the shallowest post in the history of posts

compassionategirl

even more so than the "Cruz versus Hayek" thread. But Im gonna post it anyway. So here it is:

Black or burgundy? Cant make up my mind for what dress I want to wear for New Years tomorrow night and I am polling everybody in my real world and, now, in my virtual world! (yes, it is a girl thing, to all the men that are rolling their eyes). I have narrowed it down to these two choices/colours though. Not really thrilled about the burgundy as a colour but I like the style of it.

So feel free to throw in your two cents. I tried setting up an actual poll but I failed. Gee, what a shock. I also got a new digital camera (an awesome surprise) and so I am trying to figure out how to use it (which is enough of a challenge) but also to post pics of the two dresses online. No luck so far. I am so technologically challenged.

And have a safe and happy new years eve tomorrow night whatever you all are doing!!! What are you all doing?

And, since I am FINALLY bloody finished my damn papers, I am lovin' being back in the land of the living!!!! 8)

ohh well tomorrow night, not planned out yet, but probably hang out with some friends, yell some, act stupid, that sort of thing then go to sleep. What about you Nat? Ohh yeah I'm still with black. i think i'd go black above all other colors, but thats just for me. I dont like reds, too much time working at Target I guess.

ya, I was leaning towards the black too.

I am not crazy about red/s maroons/burgundies or whatever. I ddint even know that the colour I was looking at was maroon and not burgundy . I guess I dont really understand what the difference is if I am mistaking 'maroon' for burgundy.

just going to get together with some guys and gals, go to dinner first and then head out to a club. The usual boring New Years Eve in other words.

You're leaving out important details! How are they different stylistically? What's the cut? Length? Fabric????

Also - what accessories? Shoes, jewelry? These things are very important and could make all the difference! You know this!

I myself am shopping tomorrow. I haven't the faintest idea what to wear, but I do believe I'll be ending up in clubs downtown, so I'm thinking denim mini, high boots, and a cleavage-licious something or other top. We shall see.

Well, I think this camera is FREAKIN broken cuz it doesnt seem to be working (the more likely explanation though is that I am a technological idiot, and too lazy to read the instruction manual ).

at any rate, I can still show you the style.

The style of the black one is the same as the black one on the left of this page, except that mine comes up just above the knee so it is shorter:

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Eveningwear&product%5Fid=20019

The style of the "maroon" one is actually the same colour as this, which they call "brick red"

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Clothing%2DShort+Dresses&product%5Fid=20017

and pretty much the same style as this (the halter dress on the left), and also the same satin like fabric:

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Clothing%2DShort+Dresses&product%5Fid=20006

But I am reconsindering the whole dress thing and possibly going with the satin tuxedo pant and tube top look, which I also have. EXACTLY the same as the outfit on the following page - the second one down from the far right column.

http://www.fredericks.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Clothing-Pants&Page=1

With this last look, absolutely no jewellery in the form of a necklace or earrings. Of course, hair will be flat ironed straight, smoky black eye make - up (but not overkill). and natural, shiny lip gloss.

As I am typing this, I made up my mind. The last look. That is what I am 'feelin' like.

Good choice! I quite like the pants outfit. Smokin hot Though the dresses are lovely as well. I like them both - not sure if I'd call that a "brick" red, but whatever

I'm trying to figure out where I can get some stiletto knee-highs by tomorrow. My current pair of boots will suffice if need be, but I'm really feeling the stiletto heel right now. Might be hard to come by on short notice though

Good luck with the camera

The pair on the very right are what I will be wearing underneath the pant, but mine are a few inches shorter so that they come up to just below the knee. I think that the boots on the page are too high. It looks better when it is just below the knee, like mine. But the heel and everything else is identical.

Of course, both mine and the one on the page are faux leather. Fredericks has lots of fake leather stuff, which is another reason why I love them. anyway here is what I am talking about:

http://www.fredericks.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Shoes%2DMules&Page=2

If you click on the boot, you can see an enlarged image of it.

Dont you have a fredericks store around you? Unfortunately, there are none in Canada, but let me tell you I went on a Fredericks shopping rampage when I was in Los Angeles with a friend three christmases ago!

I was already eyeing that same pair

I do believe we have a Fredericks, the trick though is having boots I want in stock, in my size. That's the part that gets me every time! They would be lovely though! I'll have to see if a trip to that side of town is feasible in the itinerary.

I'm all about black, probably because thats all I ever wear. Unfortunately I am working tonite, and tommorow. I actually really dont feel very well. That guy I was telling you about treated me like shit and I am finally starting to feel bad about it...gawd I hate when feelings catch up with you.

Anyways, whatever you wear I am sure you will look amazing and you'll always be flippin cool because you're my friend and a friend to the animals.

Bleh...off to work.

How interesting of a post...I vote for the pants and top are Fabulous...I would go with that.

I was just going to jump in the shower and was thinking along the lines of what to wear..I am a Boot a holic...and love pants but my husband loves the short skirt (oh no surprise here right guys..) so I am off to find a skirt that will look good with Black boots and some fishnet hose...

I stopped buying from Fredericks as I thought the quality had gone down hill. How are they looking these days in the quality dept ?

L.

Well, I did read the instruction manuel and I think this camera is a lemon. Good news is I have 30 days to return it and get another one. Since I am such a procrastinater, it is very likely, indeed almost a given, that I will go to return it at the last possible second.

Thanks for everybody's input - much appreciated.

Have a very safe and happy evening to all.

P.S. Raw, I havent noticed any quality problems with Frederick's stuff, but then again it has been a while since I could afford to order anything from them.

http://www.newsteam.ru/images/2004/340_20.jpg

my girl just got one of these, they're dope and sit well.

and i'm feeling girls burberry with minimal visible nova.

http://burberry.kiev.ua/about/2.jpg