British newspaper slams raw veganism

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all I never said we don,t need to drink water on a raw food diet but I'll say it now: we don't need water on the 80/10/10 diet when eating enough sweet juicy fruits. I wasn,t talking about 'raw' diets consisting of seeds, nuts, dried fruits and dehydrated flax crackers. About Doug Graham saying it is natural to drink water and we should drink water on the 811, where did you see this? In his book he says it is not natural for anthropoid apes/primates, we can't lap like carnivores so in nature we/primates need to bend over to use hands and that puts us in a vulnerable position where we can,t see predators coming. Apes drink some water sometimes but surely not a lot compared to other animals or to humans on cooked food diet. Believe me, when I eat half a watermelon (94% water) I take a piss every five minutes. What's the name of the 55 years old bodybuilder on 811? he said he never drink water, also because he's not into endurance. Whatever, I'm not saying we never need water on the 811 or that we absolutely should avoid water, just saying the more raw fruits and vegetables and the less cooked food you eat, the less water you need to drink. The body needs lots of water, for each organs, and the digestion tasks require lots of water too, to produce enough gastric juices. Saying there,s a ton of water in cooked food is not exactly right; sure you put 2 litres of water to boil pastas, rice or whatever, but most of this water evaporates, and also things like bread need more water than what is contained in it to be digested, besides bread and other carb foods are like sponges that ask for more water. Fruits contain enough water to assure a proper digestion. Open your eyes, putting 2 litres of water in the pan to rehydrate cooked food is like drinking the glasses of water as a supplement I was talking about. In 2050 we'll be 9 billion people, they'll all be asking for their recommanded 8 glasses of water per day, even if today at less than 7 billion people there,s already people that die because they dont have access to fresh water, not to mention cities like Las Vegas built in the desert where it rarely rains and they continue to import all the water they use for shower, laundry or to water their lawns.

Edited by I'm Your Man

first of all I never said we don,t need to drink water on a raw food diet but I'll say it now: we don't need water on the 80/10/10 diet when eating enough sweet juicy fruits. I wasn,t talking about 'raw' diets consisting of seeds, nuts, dried fruits and dehydrated flax crackers. About Doug Graham saying it is natural to drink water and we should drink water on the 811, where did you see this? In his book he says it is not natural for anthropoid apes/primates, we can't lap like carnivores so in nature we/primates need to bend over to use hands and that puts us in a vulnerable position where we can,t see predators coming. Apes drink some water sometimes but surely not a lot compared to other animals or to humans on cooked food diet. Believe me, when I eat half a watermelon (94% water) I take a piss every five minutes. What's the name of the 55 years old bodybuilder on 811? he said he never drink water, also because he,s not into endurance. Whatever, I'm not saying we never need water on the 811 or that we absolutely should avoid water, just saying the more raw fruits and vegetables and the less cooked food you eat, the less water you need to drink. The body needs lots of water, for each organs, and the digestion tasks require lots of water too, to produce enough gastric juices. Saying there,s a ton of water in cooked food is not exactly right; sure you put 2 litres of water to boil pastas, rice or whatever, but most of this water evaporates, and also things like bread need more water than what is contained in it to be digested, besides bread and other carb foods are like sponges that ask for more water. Fruits contain enough water to assure a proper digestion.

Charlie Able is the guy yuor thinking about. Graham has said that on his veg source forum which i was on for a year or so. Yeah i agree we need much less water if we're eatting water rich foods, but the best thing is listen to the body. Graham said he's been drinking deionized water for the last 20 years

sure, if we're thirsty, we must drink water, as simple as that.

Yep, On a side note why does graham look so old for a guy doing something that seems pretty good for health? Not knocking the guy but the results arn't adding up. Great physique for 56 but face and skin look 65-75. thats is the range of guesses i've gotten asking 5 different people to guess his age. They all say i really lean fit 70 year old.

yeah I agree on some pics he looks older than 60, like u said because of skin and wrinkles, but on some other pics he looks fine, its just like for other people on pictures, sometimes even Hollywood female actress in the young twenties look like shit without their make-up.

yeah I agree on some pics he looks older than 60, like u said because of skin and wrinkles, but on some other pics he looks fine, its just like for other people on pictures, sometimes even Hollywood female actress in the young twenties look like shit without their make-up.

yeah it's werid. i mean he's charismtic and seems on top of it mentally and stuff but it's just not adding up. my dad and all his buddies are his age or a little older and if he was one of his buddies he's look older then most of them. I heard he's really fit though

In his book he says it is not natural for anthropoid apes/primates, we can't lap like carnivores so in nature we/primates need to bend over to use hands and that puts us in a vulnerable position where we can,t see predators coming.

People are not apes. I wish that everyone would stop using that comparison over and over again, because it's not a great example. Here's what people tend to do with the same old double standards -

Vegan - "We're so much like apes, and they don't kill other animals to eat meat and get everything they need from raw, leafy greens and such, so it proves we can get by and be HUGE AND STRONG without it."

Non-Vegan - "People aren't that much like apes."

Vegan - "Yes they are!"

Non-Vegan - "Then why is it that humans have a much lower strength ratio than apes, do not have as much body hair, etc. if we're so much alike."

Vegan - "Trust me, we're more alike than you think."

Non-Vegan - "Okay, then we should test medical experiments and drugs on apes since we're so similar, that would help us find cures faster because you say we're so much alike"

Vegan - "Well, we're not really THAT much alike that we can justify testing, aside from the cruelty aspect."

Non-Vegan - "Why not? You say we can eat the same way as apes because you inisist that we're built nearly the same, so animal testing should be used on apes first and foremost if we're going to do it."

Vegan - "Well...uhh....the results won't be the same because we're not the same creature."

Non-Vegan - "But you said that we're so close in so many other ways that we can make a clear comparison by digestive systems and internal organs and such, then by your logic testing on apes would yield the same result as testing on humans."

Vegan - "Uhhhhhh.....well, it's just not the same!!!"

You can see why these arguments where ape comparisons are bad logic. If you can't, then feel free to continue to use them in your own flawed manners and making us look silly

We're not apes, we're not close enough to use them as a comparison for so many things, we haven't evolved the same way, etc. Maybe if we'd been discussing nutrition when we were still walking hunched over and communicating through grunts, these kinds of discussions would be more applicable when perhaps we were closer to apes in our genetic makeup and how our bodies operate. But, at that time in our existence, I'd have to say that discussing nutrition theory wasn't at the top of our priority That's why I won't bother to take the ape comparisons seriously any longer - they're used in favor of suiting the vegan argument when vegans WANT them to, but when people point out the flaws in the comparison theories, vegans using the pro-comparison stance don't have as much of a leg to stand on and don't have rational responses. Saying that because apes don't drink much water it means that we weren't meant to, that's just plain silly. Gaping holes abound. Perhaps when apes learn to drive cars, post inane articles on the internet and such, they'll figure out how to use a cup somewhere along the way just like we did and we can discuss this all again.

I'm not going to argue any more in this post (don't know why I started in the first place), but I may just post some more pictures of facepalms and such if I feel it necessary.

Have you watched a basketball team get ready for a NBA game? Humans aren't that far off. It's just humans are more disfunctional

???

It was a ? if you haven't watched basketball and saw how they act right before the game then you wouldn't know what i was talking about unless maybe you tuned on MTV

In his book he says it is not natural for anthropoid apes/primates, we can't lap like carnivores so in nature we/primates need to bend over to use hands and that puts us in a vulnerable position where we can,t see predators coming.

People are not apes. I wish that everyone would stop using that comparison over and over again, because it's not a great example. Here's what people tend to do with the same old double standards -

Vegan - "We're so much like apes, and they don't kill other animals to eat meat and get everything they need from raw, leafy greens and such, so it proves we can get by and be HUGE AND STRONG without it."

Non-Vegan - "People aren't that much like apes."

Vegan - "Yes they are!"

Non-Vegan - "Then why is it that humans have a much lower strength ratio than apes, do not have as much body hair, etc. if we're so much alike."

Vegan - "Trust me, we're more alike than you think."

Non-Vegan - "Okay, then (...)

I'm not going to argue any more in this post (don't know why I started in the first place), but I may just post some more pictures of facepalms and such if I feel it necessary.

Dude you're always on my back, and I don't know either why you started. I never said we should compare this and that, and I wasn,t talking about nutrition overall but just water drinking; I said that anthropoid apes need to bend to drink water and that makes them vulnerable towards tigers or other killers. That's a fair comparision; if you're able to drink water from the ground without bending, like by taking water with your feet and reaching your mouth, kudos to you.

About the experiments on monkeys just because they are alike us, I would tell to the guy: test on humans they are even more identical and they can give their agreement; apes never said they agree and they never receive compensation and they dont benefit from anything of those tests. Besides, I don't believe in those research to find miraculous cures. Nobody ever found a cure even for benign and common illness like flue and they think they will find cures for cancers and Aids ! The only cures that exist and will ever exist are to avoid getting the disease by prevention and then there's the immune system and healthy lifestyle. Everything else is just quackery, drugs, waste of money and time, animal cruelty, et cetera. If the disease is hereditary, that's sad but its part of life, and that's because the genitors didn't follow the previous rules I mentioned so their offspring pay the price...

Eugenics, is why there will never to a improvement in any diseases and will continue to get worse. Not going to get into explaining that whole thing, but it's very sad. I agree with IYM the best cure is not getting something in the first place. With the western diet/ lifestyle your just about guarantied to die of something other then old age and have many problems leading up to that. I don't know anyone over the age of 50 that isn't on any drugs and/ or doesn't have any health issues. There's isn't a cure for much out there. If you have High blood pressure they have you go on a drug for the rest of your life to keep the numbers in check, if you have diabeties you have to go drugs to manage that. The wrestern model is all about managing diseases, not curing or preventing. There isn't money in telling everyone to eat a whole food organic vegan diet, but there's a ton of money in telling people that diet has little effect on disease management so go ahead and live that western diet and then when you get a problem we're cut it our/ poision it or burn it.

Eugenics,

http://www.heebmagazine.com/files/photos/148/large/2939.jpg

Yep, and Hitler wasn't the one that came up with it. Even today many of the elites are calling for a 70-90 percent percent population reduction for example Bill gates, Ted turner, rockellers ect.