Using cancer to push a vegan diet wrongheaded

Vegan Joe

posting.php?mode=post&f=16

No one in his right mind would deny the importance of cancer prevention, but Krista Haynes’ cynical use of Breast Cancer Awareness Month to promote vegetarianism is just plain wrong. [“Lifestyle, diet changes can reduce breast cancer risk,” Oct. 7] The Cancer Project is an offshoot of the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, a notorious animal rights group. Neither one is ...

I disagree. I just finished a book that explained that Insulin Like Growth Hormone ( ILGF-1 ) is exactly the same in humans as it is in cattle. When blood levels of this hormone get too high the risk for breast cancer ( and prostate cancer ) goes way up.

Dairy products are the biggest dietary source and there is now some evidence that ILGF-1 survives digestion and makes it into the blood.

Cutting out dairy may go a long way to reducing breast ( or prostate ) cancer risk.

That makes it completely relevant.

I mis copies and now returning to the regular link reqiures logging in to see the article.

It was in line with this article of a couple of days ago.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/h/4018-meet-the-animal-rights-movements-rich-aunt

Original article

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/search/order/date/keywords/Using%20cancer%20to%20push%20a%20vegan%20diet%20wrongheaded

Consumerfreedom really comes of as a bad joke every time I read something about them...

Anyway, I'm not really sure what Haynes wrote in her article but often the PCRM-folks tend to exaggerate the benefits of a vegan diet. Some of them (Mcdougall and Fuhrman not included) also seem to promote the idea that any diet that's vegan is healthy and nothing could be further from the truth. Most of my omni friends eat way better diets than my vegan ones. It does bother me that cancer foundation very often avoid the subject of diet and this needs to be changed quickly if we want to reduce our most common forms of cancer (breast, prostate and colon) but there is simply not enough scientific proof to promote "veganism" to avoid cancers. Less dairy, more veggies on the other hand...