Starting BB

kumar5

So I've finally joined a gym. My aim is to get big. Right now I'm 55kg and I want to reach 70kg, with more muscle. I plan to train 3x a week on weights and do a HIIT jogging 2x a week. Might also do some yoga if it's once a week, depends on classes. I've been advised to take more protein pwoder with my diet also. I'm not sure on the exercises to do yet but I'd like to start on some 12 week program.

Is this an ok plan?

Thanks.

vivalasvegans: Still developing my log, right now I'm just following the exercises my trainer tells me to do.

jamexitar: Yes, I'm eating more, just got my protein today. I feel the money pinch but I'll try it and see how it goes. I don't get the part about wanting to do more than weights. Were you referring to yoga and jogging? I feel guilty not doing anything else than weights... I thought once a week yoga/jogging would help in flexibility or cardio.

yeah, i said that along with weights , i'd choose yoga and not jogging, 2 times per week...yoga works your flexibility(i myself was into yoga before lifting) , but jogging apart from burning the calories you need to put weight on, will offer nothing else..heart will be worked with intense weight-training efficiently..jogging is good for couch potoates if they want to do something more active and easy than sitting, but for those who already participate in any kind of training, is useless(except for those who train to run marathons )...generally i think jogging is way overestimated in the weight lifting community as a way to work the heart or a way to burn calories..intense lifting might be better in order to make your heart beating like hell ... ,and get you lean ...

of course if someone loves running(as long as he finds running as a stress-releasing activity and not something that is "the best" way to keep fit and tortures himself with endless miles) then he can run, but he should think better what his goals are...

Ah, ok. I thought weights didn't work much the heart. Even after I lift, my heart feels so-so, not crazily beating as after jogging.

Oh, I do love to jog, so I guess I can do it when I get in the mood, just not something I have to put into my schedule.

Yoga, can't wait. I need to be bend-y.