Ridiculous workout machines

ps - tarz - we should have a vote on the forum for whos abs were/are the best! obviously ill use that darker photo above, and you use whatever one you want. results could be interesting!!!

I make no claims for my stomach in comparison to others, i.e better/worse.

I was just commenting that I still have mine, when all around others are losing theirs.

it aint gonna to happen babe - they're gone for good -

But I never had a chance to say goodbye and make peace with the fact that I will never see them again. Tis a sad day for Compash.

I still have mine Nat.

yes you do, and your abs are my favourite abs in the whole damn world. Thank God you have no interest in bulking up and losing them! That [potential lil debacle would send me to therapy. I dont think I could cope with that.

I love how Tarz is so lean, cut and STILL strong - how many of you bulkers think you could beat his 74 pushup record? And that is 74 pushups with an 8 pack my friends!

P.S. I had to bow my head in a moment of silence for Jonathan's abs.

I thought about jokin that I was intent on losing mine too, but I thought it might tip you over the edge, so decided not to. The trauma would of been too much me thinks......

I am quite strong for my weight and considering all the runnin I do.

Now Topher is seriously strong for his bodyweight.

I'm still trying to find my abs!

Topher is seriously strong!

And yeah, Jonathan, that photos is really awesome, such perfect abs! And you know me...the veins are awesome. Veins are my favorite thing about bodybuilding

Maybe we do need to have a forum ab battle

I haven't had contests on the main site in a while...perhaps it is time to bring them back and award prizes But then again....we don't want to compete against each other do we.....or do we?

Right on ya'll, I'm off to the gym now!

Rob

Maybe we do need to have a forum ab battle

I haven't had contests on the main site in a while...perhaps it is time to bring them back and award prizes But then again....we don't want to compete against each other do we.....or do we?

Rob

I dont see anything wrong with some healthy competition among friends and fellow vegan athletes/board members.

Competing against each other in good faith is not a bad thing, and I fail to see people's issue with this. Then again, maybe that is just because of my personality.

Biggest gut - I'm a shoe-in for the winner and I don't even have to do anything for it. Any chance that it'll be the next comp?

That, or most pairs of pants/shorts blown out in the gym from squatting. I think I could pull that one off as well. Just TRY and beat me on that one!

Biggest gut - I'm a shoe-in for the winner and I don't even have to do anything for it. Any chance that it'll be the next comp?

That, or most pairs of pants/shorts blown out in the gym from squatting. I think I could pull that one off as well. Just TRY and beat me on that one!

no ryan - i think actually that brian takes that accolade! every pair of trousers that he owns has been blown out from squatting. every last one!!! his poor mother just stitches them back up again and he squats and then blows them out again!

pushups aren't about strength guys! when i was super super skinny i could do 50 strict pressups. its just endurance. at the vegan fitness week we just couldnt persuade ole tarz to test his 1 rep maxes so we just dont know if he is strong!

jonathan

pushups aren't about strength guys! when i was super super skinny i could do 50 strict pressups. its just endurance. at the vegan fitness week we just couldnt persuade ole tarz to test his 1 rep maxes so we just dont know if he is strong!

jonathan

Never claimed push-ups to be about strength. I've never stated that being OK at press-ups therefore makes me strong.

I'm not bothered in the slightest how strong I am or aren't. I have never trained for strength, nor ever will, as it holds no interest or appeal for me.

I'm a runner, and running and strength aren't really that comptiable. That said, I think I must be relatively strong for a runner. I must be relatively strong for my weight compared to the average joe in the street. I can lift the same weights ( indeed often heavier ) than some guys in my gym who are obviously a stone or two (if not more ) heavier than me. Like I said, it doesn't bother me. I lift what I lift, I do what I do. Others lift what they lift and do what they do.

hey matt - dont worry man, i wasnt criticising what you do.

its just that i think that when you train with weights, regardless of what you train for, its nice, and indeed useful to know what your 1rms are.

plus in the spirit of the fitness week (ie, everyone trying new and interesting sports) there were loads of non-weight lifters (or those who rarely train) giving it a shot, so i just imagined that you would have a go.

i can sympathise with being vain. i used to be really vain. i do prefer it now though. im not bothered what i look like, so im much happier, even if i do have a little podge on my belly!

jonathan

Sorry, Kathryn, but that's not new. It's a plain hole in the ground, very common on south european camping areas

I must say I have had the dubious pleasure of experiencing "Turkish toilets" when I was in France. Squats come in very handy for using those!

Ok. After a few pages of people boosting their egos by talking about their abs and compash slobbering all over her keyboard I asume that we can now get back on subject.

Here's a little gizmo for people who has *plain and simple* given up:

Slim and lift

http://www.thane.com/products/health-beauty/slimlift/images/slimnliftdiagram_11.jpg

People seem to use any given crap just so they never have to eat their greens ever again .

Oh, well... -> ->

Depending on how you do them, you can train for strength, power, or endurance with pushups. If you're going for strength and two armed ones get too easy, start doing one armed pushups. If those get too easy, do one armed ones with someone (or something heavy) sitting on your back. If that got too easy try doing a fingertip one arm pushup with someone on your back!!!

• 1 month later...