Note to self: don't skip breakfast and then exercise

I woke without an appetite, scarfed down some almonds and OJ instead of breakfast, and decided to take a high-speed bike trip downtown. I was fine until the trek back (which is mostly uphill), when I had to stop to puke, and push for awhile because I felt queasy and drained of strength. I was supposed to begin my routine when I got back home too, but now I'm going to have to wait 'til tonight.

Lesson learned... always refuel before starting the day.

I experimented to see what works best for me in the morning, before I go to gym. I found out overcooked brown rice (or quinoa, or millet), blended with a banana or two is my best breakfast now. I love to eat tons of fruit (ex 80/10/10 dieter), but whole grains are just the best: they give you constant sugar, no ups and downs, just what I need in the gym.

Eating seeds and nuts or any fatty food in the morning is not good in my opinion. To heavy to digest.

Tough luck, many find fasted workouts to actually be better than fed workouts. To each his/her own, I suppose.

I'm one of them. For me, eating 2 hours in advance is STILL too soon. It has to be at least 4-6 hours before I can...or I get the bloat of death, or "Hi, when it is due?"