Dollar store vegan finds

Stopped at Dollar Tree in my neighboorhood here in Chicago, to get toilet paper and spotted boxes of westsoy soymilk for $1.00. So I bought a dozen.

also there were bags of strawberries, berries that are usually really expensive at my regular grocery store. Everything $1.00. Bags of frozen veggies for $1.00. Sure I could get fresh but sometimes I end up throwing things away if they go bad. A waste. I mainly do fresh but having a few frozen bags of veggies does not hurt.

Good deal!

I read the title of your thread and thought that you got something like really cheap white flour pasta.

I think it is a very good sign that soy milk is being sold in a dollar store.

Not to mention the $1 strawberries!

I might have to start cruising by my local dollar stores!

I recently got into frozen leafy greens.

Much cheaper. In my area a bunch of kale, mustard greens or turnip greens which varies in size is about $3. A box of the same, frozen, is $1. No waste of money from spoilage. I actually eat more green vegetables this way since it is already cut, already washed and ready to go. I also find frozen greens much easier to digest. I battle flatulence if I eat fresh greens every day, twice a day. Not so with frozen.

My *guess* is that is due to water expanding as it freezes, making ice crystals rip the cell walls of the vegetables, pre-breaking it down.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The "99 Cent Only" stores in the Los Angeles area all carry the WestSoy soy milk as well as organic cherry tomatoes, organic lettuce, organic celery and organic beans and other canned goods. I get a lot of my groceries there especially when times are tough.

I need to visit my local store now

Holy rusted buckets, batman! I never even thought to check dollar stores for groceries. We have a chain store here called TJ Maxx (I think it's in a lot of states) that has random organic and all natural products like the shampoo and conditioner I usually buy, but for way cheaper. They don't have much for food, though. Thanks for the tip!

Holy rusted buckets, batman! I never even thought to check dollar stores for groceries. We have a chain store here called TJ Maxx (I think it's in a lot of states) that has random organic and all natural products like the shampoo and conditioner I usually buy, but for way cheaper. They don't have much for food, though. Thanks for the tip!

TJ Maxx in my area never used to sell those things, but the other week I noticed some things like that when I was there to buy a shirt.