Cashew nuts causing agony!

I have to vent.

I am really regretting having met cashew nuts. I have spent the last 48 hours (minus a couple of unenjoyable hours where I forced myself out) in bed with extreme abdominal pain, constipation, and weakness. For the first day I couldn't eat or drink anything. This afternoon I have managed some orange juice and a couple of samosas. Every time I move my gut sends extreme pain, and often when I haven't moved. I feel extremely tired.

I have put it down to 'raw' (although technically they're steamed) cashew nuts. I made a raw cheesecake this weekend just been and the filling was mostly blended, soaked cashews. I remember having this same issue almost a year ago when I ate a whole bunch of bulk bin cashews, which I put down to maybe being contaminated with something. After putting the two experiences together, and reading a bit about cashew nuts, I think I better not touch them again.

Ouch.

Also, Cashews have absolutely no nutritional values; not even fats.

That is wrong.

The USDA nutrition database, the standard for most nutrition web sites and software:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3095/2

Doesn't really matter anymore. We know that they are poisonous in their natural state; why bother taking the risk even if its a small one.

For the same reasons we'll consume soy despite the trypsin inhibitors present in its natural uncooked state. Or the fact that we eat appples despite the fact that the seeds have trace amounts of cyanide in them. Or castor beans for castor oil, which contains the toxic compound ricin in their natural state. They're foods that can still be healthy and useful for one's diet despite the minor risks posed to consuming them in their natural state.

Or the fact that we eat appples despite the fact that the seeds have trace amounts of cyanide in them.

A little off topic: apple, plum and apricot seeds are sold here as healthy snack, people eat them to prevent cancer and other diseases. It is an old folk medicine. Vitamin B17 But you shouldn't eat more than just a couple every day.

When I eat apples, I eat some seeds, too.