Forearms

9nines

dont bother with the standard ones that you will get in sports shops. they are totally useless, and unless you have the grip of a 90year old, they will do nothing.

get one of the captains of crush grippers from www.ironmind.com, depending on how strong your grip is, get a trainer or a number one. they put an inch on my forearms in about 3months.

jonathan

dont bother with the standard ones that you will get in sports shops. they are totally useless, and unless you have the grip of a 90year old, they will do nothing.

get one of the captains of crush grippers from www.ironmind.com, depending on how strong your grip is, get a trainer or a number one. they put an inch on my forearms in about 3months.

jonathan

That's cool. I was tempted to get some grippers but they were a tad expensive for me.

In the meantime I'm getting good results from dumbbell work for forearms.

• 4 months later...

http://www.megafitness.net/images/large/DEF0001.JPG

i saw this little gadget at Academy the other day. i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it, using it or got any results. it's only like $15.00, but is it worth it? or would it be better to spend that money on a wrist roller?

I've tried one of those gadgets before for forearm work (saw an opened one in a sporting goods store), and I can honestly say that it'd be fun for about one workout but that's about it. The resistance settings are nowhere near high enough to keep progressing for long to get stronger, so it'd be better to just do some barbell wrist curls (either seated or standing) as you'll do the same movement but can adjust the weight much better.

I trained forearms for the first time in a long time, this week. It was cool. I used to really focus on it because it was a great muscle group for me (and still is).

My main forearm exercises were (are) behind the back barbell wrist curls, supinated wrist curls (one arm with dumbbell), hammer curls, flexing, and a tiny bit of grip work (such as wrapping a small towel around the handle of a dumbbell when training to make it wider, harder to hang on to).

On another note, I had a dream about training back last night. Very detailed, could picture the exact exercises, what the veins and muscles looked like, etc.

Anyway, if you haven't seen them already, here is a forearm pic:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc29.jpg

Happy Training!