Hello, I am new!

Wildflower

Hello, I am new to the site and very excited about getting fitness/nutrition tips from other vegans.

I am 26 years old, and have been vegetarian since age 11. The first few years were a little on and off, but I have not eaten meat at all since age 16. A little over a year ago, I started going vegan. I am still improving on removing all animal products from my life, and feel better and better every day.

I am also getting back into lifting/routine fitness. I swam competitively most of my life, and started lifting around age 15 to help with swimming. I lifted consistantly though age 18 and since have been more on/off. I still enjoy swimming, as well as walking, hiking, and yoga. I also picked up on a few of my partner's fav activities - cycling (mountain biking), paddling (we have 2 slalom canoes) and climbing (we just joined a gym with a climbing center - no mountains here).

Other things I like to do are camping, cooking, eating, reading, writing, watching movies, photography, and playing with our German Shepherd. I am also a bit of a techie, with an Information Systems degree (allthough I started college focusing on philosophy and photography and went on a photography scholarship). Now I work as a Project Manager in the Financial Servies Industry and live in the Midwestern US.

Well, that's my life story! Looking forward to chit-chatting with everyone and getting lots of great information!

Welcome Wildflower!

Thanks for the detailed bio, it is great to have you here.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and meet some cool people. Nice to hear that you are involved in lots of sports activities too.

Welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thanks SeaSiren and Robert!

Sports have always been a big part of my life. As a child I also was very active in ballet and gymnastics (since age 2! ) I started tennis at age 8 and played through HS.

My partner competed in aikido and judo at a very high level, and also in sailing, canoeing and climbing (he used to live in Boulder)

We are active people!

Welcome Wildflower!!!

Have fun popping around the different threads on this forum. There is tons to learn and chat about. I have a Mt biking topic in the "Other Sports" thread if you ever feel like chatting about that. I also have a German Shepherd (mixed with Rottweiler) that you can see in the Photos thread. You can post a pic of yours if you like...