Back to being a Vegan

Hey guys,

Just to let ya know I've gone back to being a Vegan, I was getting too isolated from my family and the world....which I didn't like at all

Don't get me wrong the principals of Fruitarianism are great but the rest of my family are Vegan/vegetarian.

ANYWAY it's our first wedding anniversary today!!!!

now at least me and the wife can go out for a meal together

Congratulations on the anniversary! Like I said in my e-mail to you earlier, do you what you need to do to be the best you. Both livestyles are vegan, both are great and I'm glad you have made a good life choice to accomodate others as well as yourself.

Happy Vegan Day to you sir!

Hey big boy.

You were always vegan - no matter what the raw percentage

Life is a journey, one should enjoy it.

100% raw, 20% raw... as long as you make compassionate food choices, it doesn't matter much to me.

Happy anniversary by the way! Yay!

Thanks guys!!

I was kinda feeling like I failed or something but things were getting very unbalanced.

Don't get me wrong RawVeganism is a great concept but this world has moved to far away from it's dietry origins and most of the fruits and veggies aren't as natural as they should be amongst other things.

Don't get me wrong RawVeganism is a great concept but this world has moved to far away from it's dietry origins and most of the fruits and veggies aren't as natural as they should be amongst other things.

This is the main reason why i think 100% raw food didn't work for me.

We don't live in a jungle and have no access to wild, natural plants.

I'm so glad you said "for you" a lot of people dismiss it completely,

going 100% raw can be done but it's a mindset you have to get into and is a very personal journey, for me I found it hard to deal with mainstream societies stresses and workloads and I became out of sorts with myself and others and after doing it for 11 years on and off I was getting dissallusioned with it all. I also found that it's also easier for women to do as the wieght loss is easier to cope with, I found that a lot of men including myself have trouble accepting the lack of size. Having said that if you can get past all those issues then it's great!

I do however think Raw Foodies should watch intake. I have seen some of the ladies on some of the other Raw food boards who are very overweight! They do not exercise and have a high intake of nuts, avacados, and tons of dehydrated "creations" or high fruit sugar "creations". They seem to think Raw is a ticket to eating and eating and eating. Anyway....JMHO

Yeah I agree SS,

I've seen so many mess ups among the raw food community because of the gourmet replicas of cooked food, combinations,etc playing havoc with their body while it's trying to clean out!

We can mix and eat whatever we like on cooked foods but as soon as we start eating raw and detoxing then we gotta stay clean all the way through or your gonna have problems.

The only people I saw that didn't have such problems were other Fruitarians.

I agree with Alex. It can be hard to be 100% raw, though I think it can be harder if you're trying to bodybuild and add mass. I hover between 60 - 70% raw though (and now that I think about it, most of the food I eat does qualify as "fruitarian friendly"), but the "empty calories" from a big bowl of lentil soup can really help me out.

I agree too though, Bigbwii, some of the replicas & substitutions seem to get out of hand sometimes. Some of the "raw recipes" you see on the internet seem to get out of hand, it's better to stick to whole food anyway.