Portland in November

I just found out that my job is going to send me to a conference in Portland on Nov 1 - 5.

I'm excited--I've never been to Portland, and I know it's vegan-friendly, and there are lots of folks from the board there. I know it's long way off, so I'll bring this up again closer to the time, but I'd love to get together with some board folks, have dinner somewhere.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great!

I'll be at the conference during the day, every day, so I won't be able to do much sightseeing. But I will be free in all of the evenings.

Perhaps I can even entice you to move here instead of England - we have dreary weather too!

So I have heard. Unfortunately, Portland does not have my brothers and my parents.

• 3 months later...
I just found out that my job is going to send me to a conference in Portland on Nov 1 - 5.

I'm excited--I've never been to Portland, and I know it's vegan-friendly, and there are lots of folks from the board there. I know it's long way off, so I'll bring this up again closer to the time, but I'd love to get together with some board folks, have dinner somewhere.

LUCKY YOU Have a blast!

Hey there, would this be the AEA conference? If so, I'll be there too! I live in Portland...We should go to lunch or something. Laura

Yes! Wow--another vegan evaluator? We will definitely have to meet up!

What do you do? I'm a program evaluator for my school district, but that has been for only the past 8 months. Most of my evaluation experience has been with prevention (violence, drug, underage drinking) programs for adolescents.

• 2 weeks later...

Just one week until we are in Portland!

We are arriving Wed evening and leaving first thing Sunday morning. I have to attend the conference during the day but will be free in the evenings. We are getting in early enough (probably arrive at the hotel around 5:30 or 6:00) to have dinner. So we could do a get-together any time Wed through Sat nights, and I don't have a preference about which night(s).

We'd also like some advice about good places to get lunch near the hotel. We'll have to go get lunch when I have a break at the conference, so we won't be able to go far. We are staying at the Marriott at 520 Southwest Broadway. Any lunch suggestions?

Yay! I'm very much looking forward to meeting ya'll. We should all definitely hang out as much as ya'll are up for & I'm always happy to play tour guide.

As for places to eat downtown: Veganopolis & Blossuming Lotus are fully vegan places located just a short walk or free bus/train/streetcar ride away from yr (rather fancy) hotel. Personally, I love the food carts which as clustered around downtown. They offer a wide variety of great food, at very reasonable prices & virtually all have vegan options. Go here for details on yr options: http://www.nwveg.org

See ya soon!