Spirulina and Chlorella

I prefer to find them as economically as possible, so indivual will probably be the cheapest.

I currently use Perfect Food, but I would like to increase the Spirulina and Chlorella bigtime!

Any suggestions? Where do you get your green and/or what brands do you trust?

Pe@ce,

Michael

I don't remember who harvests my spirulina because I put it in a tupperware and threw away everything else but I bought the cheapest 100%powder that I could find on ebay for its weight and now that I've accepted the terrible taste I love the fact that I bought 1kilo of it.

I'm not much into those algae, because I think fresh greens are best: I make Green Smoothies daily and think they are best (my third post down describes them).

BUT Since I love to try everything, I do like THIS brand from where I get my organic chia seeds (which are practically impossible to find!). I like it a lot. I use it when I'm on the run and don't have time for a smoothie. The taste is very mild as well; tastes very fresh.

Kat, no, I haven't, I thought about it, though! It's good to have a recommendation. I cant tell what it is...is it a bar or a trailmix-kinda thingy?

So do you eat chias??! That's so great, if you do. On my training journal, I have some links to info about them, if you don't. I'm really glad I've added them to my diet; they're awesome.

I have found much of the info about them accurate.

I've recently tried Ruth's MACA Power Bars. I'm not into bars, but I bought them for a friend and, of course, had to get a taste of some . They're not raw, but good.

Also love the Maca on that site by MACA POWER, particularly the gelatinized. It's *intense.* Noticeable difference from regular raw; I bought the powder. The taste isn't as good (it's deeper and toasty) as the regular, but I happen to like the flavor of maca, so it's still good to me.

Liked the Incan Berries as well; much better than Gojis, anyway.

My normal dosage for regular raw was 1 TB in order to notice any benefits; but for the gelatinized, I use 1 tsp and it exceeds the noticeable benefits of the 1 TB regular! So, definitely worth it, in my opinion.

What brand have you tried? What benefits have you noticed?

[ b]Kat[/b], no, I haven't, I thought about it, though! It's good to have a recommendation. I cant tell what it is...is it a bar or a trailmix-kinda thingy?

I guess on that site, they are only the chia/coconut snack mix (I haven't tried that), but on other sites, like www.rawveganbooks.com , you can get the bars. They are yummy!

I haven't used much chia, but I'm interested in it.

For maca, I've used some I got through www.eatraw.com , but mostly I use Maca Extreme from www.rawfood.com . I can't really notice the flavor because I always mix it in a smoothie.

Have you ever tried mesquite powder? It tastes kind of faintly caramel (good to add to a chocolate-based smoothie). Don't know quite what it does, but it's got some good minerals and vitamins in (and I'm up for mixing up my 'superfoods').

• 2 weeks later...

We'll see...hopefully we'll organize some big public vega eating extraviganza so I can demo my skills and share the wonderful product with the world

Now if only Brendan can figure out a way to use spirulina as a base instead of dates...surely it would taste terrible but each bar would probably add atleast 20lbs to your bench max