Trust worthy alternative Dr.?

skee-lo

You're right. I didn't notice that at first. I only checked his food chart samples for what you can eat freely, sparingly, and what you should never eat. Fresh water fish was in the sparingly section. I was thinking it means you can have some fish if you want, but it's not something you have to have or must have. I was going to check some of his books at barnes and noble tomorrow.

I know there's a dr. richard schulze's (complete vegan), but the information he gives on what you should eat seems too vague to me. Does anyone know of any other good vegan alternative doctors?

I noticed this in his FAQ section:

"If I don't eat meat where do I get my protein?

Some great sources for protein come from avocados, fresh almond milk and soy sprouts. All the greens contain proteins and is where all of the strongest animals in the world get their protein -- with their heads to the grass. Keep in mind that the body derives over 90% of its protein needs from cellular recycling."

So I assume he sees nothing wrong with being vegan, but I also wonder about that part where he says to avoid animal products yet he sees nothing wrong with fish.

Edit:

I'm wondering if he's just suggesting a lot fish for those beginning to adjust their diets from red meat (or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part) because near the top of that eating tips page he says, "First we want to start you of with some tips to help you adjust to your new healthier way of eating. Click the links below to read the information in that section."

Here's another example that might be hinting this on that page:

"Do not make a radical change in your diet overnight!

Instead, gradually transition your diet to create a lifestyle that will support you long-term. If you are currently eating a lot of red meat and carbohydrates, then you can begin by slowly cutting these things out and replacing them with fish, vegetables, etc. For example, if you eat a lot of bread, you can make a sandwich with a rice cracker, or sprouted-grain bread instead of a sourdough loaf. If you are eating a lot of chips, switch to eating raw vegetables with an avocado dip or salsa. If you decide to go 'cold turkey,' however, and immediately cut out all the foods you enjoy, than you will likely not follow through long-term. Instead, make the process fun. Taste and try new foods to discover what you not only enjoy, but what also supports your health and vitality. And, if you occasionally want to enjoy a treat, go for it! Or, try a treat that is sweetened with fruit juice instead of sugar. Just remember the 80/20 rule of ensuring that at least 80% of your diet consists of optimum foods"

I don't listen to any Doctor unless they believe that Bi-Weekly colonics are the key to longevity. If you can afford it you should eat a completely organic raw vegan diet and get a colonic every single day....if it doesn't make you healthier atleast your having fun

I don't listen to any Doctor unless they believe that Bi-Weekly colonics are the key to longevity. If you can afford it you should eat a completely organic raw vegan diet and get a colonic every single day....if it doesn't make you healthier atleast your having fun

Look, if you want to get probed then do it right!

Aliens seems to be the best at it since they not only flush the shit out of you but also the part of your brain that is unnecesarry in the southern states of th US. They will also give your eyes an overall zombie like look which is of course awesome.

I know there's a dr. richard schulze's (complete vegan), but the information he gives on what you should eat seems too vague to me. Does anyone know of any other good vegan alternative doctors?

There's Dr. Fuhrman (www.drfuhrman.com ) and Dr. Greger (www.veganMD.org ).

Also, not a doctor, but the nutritional info in "the Rave Diet" (www.ravediet.com ) is all vegan. "Eating" is an excellent DVD as well.

Dr. Michael Klapper (Klaper?) promotes veganism as well. He's currently doing a vegan health study to better make recommendations for the healthiest vegan diet.

And there's also Neal Barnard, with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (which promotes veganism.) PCRM does have a list of vegan-friendly doctors (I think).

I've had it done by aliens but they're tools seem to be a little too spikey for me tastes...maybe I just need to meet a different set of aliens. Next time they give you a visit tell them about me

There's Dr. Fuhrman (www.drfuhrman.com ) and Dr. Greger (www.veganMD.org ).

Also, not a doctor, but the nutritional info in "the Rave Diet" (www.ravediet.com ) is all vegan. "Eating" is an excellent DVD as well.

Dr. Michael Klapper (Klaper?) promotes veganism as well. He's currently doing a vegan health study to better make recommendations for the healthiest vegan diet.

And there's also Neal Barnard, with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (which promotes veganism.) PCRM does have a list of vegan-friendly doctors (I think).

Thanks Kathryn. I'll have to check them out.

As far as colonics, I don't trust any doctors that feel you have to be dependent on a doctor to remain healthy. Colonics sounds so unnatural. I believe the human body can cleanse itself with the proper foods.

Normally people that do colonics aren't doctors...but for me I just like them because its alot of fun watching peanuts come out whole through a tube...plus if you eat alot of spirulina you stain the tube green and it pisses them off

Wouldn't getting a colonic everyday be overkill? I see no problem getting one if you've been eating unhealthy all your life and now you're changing your diet and want a clean start. Btw, where would you usually go for a colonic?