Hey

wanna_be_vegan

Check the label on the back. I know that some brands of granola bars contain milk products, especially the ones with chocolate chips. Some also contain honey, although there is a split between some vegans as to whether honey is considered vegan. The purists say that honey is not vegan.

there is a split between some vegans as to whether honey is considered vegan. The purists say that honey is not vegan.

Honey of course is an animal product because it is produced by bees for bees. And I am no "purist"

Vegan for many on this forum means not to cause unnecessary pain, suffering and death. And of course consuming honey is not necessary and causes no good to the bees.

Granola bars aren't necessarily that healthy. Most of them contain a lot of sugars. And Sun Chips are healthier than many chips, but I wouldn't call them ' healthy.'

Sun Chips are vegan. Many granola bars aren't (as others have mentioned).

The peanut butter nature valley granola bars are vegan, or at least have been. assuming you dont mind sugar. I think there is an almond bar too, it was vegan last time i checked. The best granola ive had is from the E-ergy (or something to that effect) label. They make the egg replacer as well. Their granola is expensive, but buy a box if you have some extra cash, its worth the 7 or so bucks. If you don't like coconut then nevermind.

Back onto the honey thing, if you like honey mustard but don't want to eat honey then I'd suggest substituting French's Sweet Onion mustard for honey mustard. It's really good! And if you want to make a honey mustard dip for veggie chicken fingers, mix veganaise and French's Sweet Onion mustard together. Very yummy!

i believe Original Flavor Sun Chips are vegan. though i think there are other flavors, like the Garden Salsa, that contain dairy products in their seasonings.

You're right. I wasn't even thinking about the other flavors, because I only get the original flavor.