Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

I had a decent run tonight. I went out for about 30 minutes...then did lunges and sprints...then trotted home and walked for 10 minutes. If felt pretty good. Now I'm looking forward to going to Victoria in the morning to get some good racing in over the weekend along with Dave Noisy...should be fun.

I feel that you left someone out !!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Tasha but thats a given However I'll only be happy about that if I don't have to run with you.

OH okay I'm not crying anymore. I feel better now

No it's so much fun running with a friend. I only train hard on my own or with my coach.

It's so much fun with a friend though ! I have very limited running vegan friends. Dave will NOT run.

I also heard Rob jammed your suit case full of cool stuff for me to look at.

I'll see you tomorrow

I just talked to potter, he is getting close the ferry. He and I hung out last night. He's excited about the trip and I wish I could have gone with him but I've been busy, will be busy this weekend and can't fit it in at this time.

Enjoy the selection of things I sent up with potter. I hope you like some of the stuff.

Potter.....thanks for being my delivery person! Have fun!

No prob Rob

I'm actually here now and having a blast with Dave. Victoria is an incredible place and I'm looking forward to exploring more. Today I'm racing but first we're gonna do some vegan outreach stuff which is great. I'll also get to meet Tasha today. Not sure about the running thing though. Anyway I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay here.

Awesome potter! Give Dave a hat from me, if he wants one.

Cool that you're doing the Vegan Outreach stuff before the track. That is very cool man.

Say hi to Tasha for me as well, and have a great time on the track! I hung out with Jerome a bit yesterday at a meat-less 4th of July potluck with NW VEG.

I'll try to get out to the track again one of these days

I can't wait to get on the track with you guys...and yes after Tasha gets to rummage through the stuff Dave will get his pick.

I had a great time today. The group was pretty small so I raced B but we had to combine the As in with us. I wound up winning 2 races(out of the Bs) and I beat a few A racers which felt great. Dave did great and won every race but one in which he finished second. Back to me...in one race(tempo where the winner of every lap gets 2 points and the person in second gets 1 point)I got 18 points while the winner scored 20(he's an A racer but much better than I am still) and we actually lapped the entire field(Dave took off this race though). I'm really looking forward to racing Saturday...I won't do as well because people from Vancouver will be coming too but it'll still be nice to get a big race in. I'm also racing tomorrow too but its more for fun. Its all sprints so we'll see how I do. And of course I can't forget...I met Tasha which was very fun. She also raced...however there were no other women racing but she hung in there with the fellas for a while in her first race. GOOD JOB

No doubt. I'll hopefully have some good news tonight but more than anything tonight is gonna be fun and I'll get times more than results because I know there are people here that I can't beat in time.

Had a fun day at the track today taking some pointers from Dave. My times weren't so hot but they were a tiny bit better. I felt kinda heavy though so I think that had a lot to do with it and I probably would have done much better. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be on my game but I may wind up doing some grunt work for Dave to help him win when it all comes down to it. I don't mind though since I know I won't win(this year:) but at least a VEGAN might win which is the most important thing.

Had a fun day at the track today taking some pointers from Dave. My times weren't so hot but they were a tiny bit better. I felt kinda heavy though so I think that had a lot to do with it and I probably would have done much better. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be on my game but I may wind up doing some grunt work for Dave to help him win when it all comes down to it. I don't mind though since I know I won't win(this year:) but at least a VEGAN might win which is the most important thing.

I'll be cheering you on in the sprint Jeremy !

I had a terrible day at the track. I felt great waking up and fine warming up. I did fine in the 500m finishing second in the B category to a guy that is normally an A but wanted to win so I felt good about that but I pulled out of pretty much every other race due to cramping. I think I only did maybe 10-12 laps for the whole day over 4 races that should have added to up to 80 laps or more. It was really weird. I never got tired or anything like that. I went there to cramp. I thought I prepped well today but I think I may have actually drank too much water without enough salt yesterday...it doesn't seem like I overdid it but thats the only thing I can think of. Anyhow I'm gonna chill out tomorrow and take an easy hour long spin late in the day to prep for my pursuit Monday. Hopefully I'll feel better then. Actually I don't need to feel better because oddly enough I feel great, my muscles just died when I tried to push it even 50%.

I met Tasha which was very fun. She also raced...however there were no other women racing but she hung in there with the fellas for a while in her first race. GOOD JOB

I had fun meeting you too. Thanks for my gifts and compliments.

I'll see you tomorrrow !

I took it really easy today. Dave kept me in check and let me know what a REAL recovery ride is supposed to be like. It was way easier than the recovery rides I take on my own. I probably try at least 3 times as hard when I do it on my own which is way wrong.

Yeah...there were some weirdos there for sure. Much less than in the States but that's no excuse...there is no place for people that weird.