Bone Density and got no milk

9nines

I had my bone density measured today. It is 1.2 (1.2 standard deviations above the mean of people's measurements), where anything above is -1 standard deviation is good. I have not consumed a diary product, in almost three years. According to Diary Council propaganda, I can not be.

Edited by 9nines

Out of curiosity, how is bone density measured?

Well, they take a big hammer and whack you over the lower part of your leg. If it doesn't break they whack a little harder. This keeps on until they break your bone. Then they measure the whacks with a Richter-scale-o-meter. Then they multiply the result with pi x 0.18 and the result is then scaled on the infamous whacko-bone-meter. It's a scale from 1 to ten but to make things more exciting they have legendary fictional characters instead of numbers. 1 is princess Peach and 10 is Morgoth. 9nines score is just in between Shrek and Pippi Longstockings wich have to be considered a good result.

Or maybe someone else could answere the question....

Not sure how it works exactly. I put my heal onto a small machine for a few seconds and it is displayed on a monitor. I had it done as part of a full physical, with Methodist Hospital.

Well, they take a big hammer and whack you over the lower part of your leg. If it doesn't break they whack a little harder. This keeps on until they break your bone. Then they measure the whacks with a Richter-scale-o-meter. Then they multiply the result with pi x 0.18 and the result is then scaled on the infamous whacko-bone-meter. It's a scale from 1 to ten but to make things more exciting they have legendary fictional characters instead of numbers. 1 is princess Peach and 10 is Morgoth. 9nines score is just in between Shrek and Pippi Longstockings wich have to be considered a good result.

Or maybe someone else could answere the question....

I think I'll sign right up for that! LOL!