Sweet potatoes

offense74

WOW!! Oh, man. WOW!!!

Sweet potaoes are not really a part of the Swedish cuisine but I just descoverd them a few weeks back. WOW!!

Now I can't live without them. I boil them. I eat them raw. I microwave them. There is simply no going wrong with those lumpy thingys.

Now I'm going to have sweet potato with broccoli, green peas, brussel sprouts and hummus.

Roots in general kicks ass for various reasons but this one rocks!!!

I wonder how sweet potatoes would work in split pea soup as opposed to just a regular potato?

Excellent, but cut down on the salt in the usual recipe. If you have a good batch of sweet potatoes, you won't need much seasoning. You could try it with a touch of ginger and cinnamin for a sweeter dish or black pepper a splash of olive oil and basil for something a bit different.

I love sweet potatoes and they have been a staple for me during the fall/winter seasons for many years. I have never tried them raw, I guess I'll have to try it, maybe raw shreaded with shreaded cabbage and carrots?

I love sweet potatoes. One of my favorite restaurants serves sweet potato french fries... which is probably the very reason that the place is one of my favorite restaurants.

They are good baked, with a little cinnamon and sugar or just naked. I like them boiled, too. Actually, I could probably eat sweet potatoes every day and never get sick of them. Next thing I'm trying is a recipe I found for sweet potatoes that includes pineapple and coconut.

Raw, eh? I'll have to try that, too.

Excellent, but cut down on the salt in the usual recipe. If you have a good batch of sweet potatoes, you won't need much seasoning. You could try it with a touch of ginger and cinnamin for a sweeter dish or black pepper a splash of olive oil and basil for something a bit different.

I love sweet potatoes and they have been a staple for me during the fall/winter seasons for many years. I have never tried them raw, I guess I'll have to try it, maybe raw shreaded with shreaded cabbage and carrots?

I didn't even use salt when I did mine though, but I didn't use potatoes either. I'm going to try sweet potatoes though next time.

I love sweet potatoes. One of my favorite restaurants serves sweet potato french fries... which is probably the very reason that the place is one of my favorite restaurants.

Which restaurant?

http://www.ziggyshealthygrill.com/ Has the sweet potato fries.

Now that I think of it, Tien Ren does some delicious things with sweet potatoes, too. (Hey, did I meet you there once?)

WOW!! Oh, man. WOW!!!

Sweet potaoes are not really a part of the Swedish cuisine but I just descoverd them a few weeks back. WOW!!

Now I can't live without them. I boil them. I eat them raw. I microwave them. There is simply no going wrong with those lumpy thingys.

really...eat them raw? never tried that!

I have steamed sweet potato with various things. I also found some sweet potato crisps / chips, which were excellent. Well it was mixed root vegetable crisps / chips, beetroot, sweet potato and something else, maybe parsnip or something.

From Pret a Manger in London right? Man I LOVE that place whenever I visit London! yum!

I have steamed sweet potato with various things. I also found some sweet potato crisps / chips, which were excellent. Well it was mixed root vegetable crisps / chips, beetroot, sweet potato and something else, maybe parsnip or something.

From Pret a Manger in London right? Man I LOVE that place whenever I visit London! yum!

Nah, just my local Sainsbury's, they had a couple of things like it, num num num