Life is too short

JW

Sorry to hear.

Yep, my sister had a massive stroke at 39.

My son died as an infant.

A middle school friend of mine was shot in the head at 12.

Another middle school friend died of a brain tumor at 13.

A high school friend of mine, whom we met up later in our twenties was murdered by a boyfriend when she was trying to break up with him (shot in the head after being dragged into his vehicle in front of her children) at 30 years of age.

I've know many more than that. But mostly remember each day, each moment could be my last. There are no guarantees.

The saddest part (for me) is that people who hear the message of eating right, refuse it (even vegans). The majority of deaths from diseases (and illnesses and conditions) are preventable -- the science is proving more and more -- by eating optimally. People just don't want to listen and/or change.

How did he come to need this surgery?

Best wishes to your friend, JW, and continued hope for your sis, SeaSiren; and sorry to read about your son

Wow! My concerns pale in comparison to Seasiren's

My sincerest condolences! That is an awful lot to deal with.

I think you are abolutely correct raven.....

My friend is a non smoker and a non-drinker. However, he IMO has an absolutely horrid diet.

Lots of junk food, cola, chocolate.....

He's not particularily overweight but that type of diet would have to have some health implications over time.

I think he knows now that he has to clean up his diet. He has already hinted at vegetarianism (which I will certainly be there for him).

:shock: Wow! My concerns pale in comparison to Seasiren's

My sincerest condolences! That is an awful lot to deal with.

He's not particularily overweight but that type of diet would have to have some health implications over time.

Yeah, but the problems show up on the inside long before they hit the outside of the body.

but in a helathy way of course

About 5 years ago, one of my co-workers had a massive heart attack and died at the golf course. He was mid 40's and had a wife and 2 kids.

He was a smoker, drinker and a junk food eater.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - I found out from my brother last night that a guy I used to work with up in Stafford died on Friday from cancer. I guess he was about 40.

I think he had a few health conditions from birth, but he always lived life to the full. My brother used to hang out with him a fair bit and told me a few stories of what he used to get up to on nights out. He was fun to work with during the brief time I was employed alongside him.

RIP Bruce.