Fundraising for this event

robert

Thank you for your honesty, Robert. Many times organizers of events use too much of their own time and money to make the event a success. However, getting more people and funds involved helps to make future events a success, IMO. There are some things I will "never do again" because of burning out from being the main/only organizer. I would hate to see that happen with you and any of your events.

After we brainstorm next week, it would be a good idea to share our ideas with the forum so members in other locations can also get involved in fundraising. If enough members got involved and enough good ideas were initiated, the cost to most members could possibly be simply transportation costs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happens, Tiffaney must be there to make us all delicious meals, lets fundraise and send them for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, when Tiffany cooks, screw raw foodism.

I'm not completely raw anymore anyways, doesn't work for me. I am now just on cooked legumes, and the rest raw. about 80-90% raw with some cooked legumes.

Thank you for your honesty, Robert. Many times organizers of events use too much of their own time and money to make the event a success. However, getting more people and funds involved helps to make future events a success, IMO. There are some things I will "never do again" because of burning out from being the main/only organizer. I would hate to see that happen with you and any of your events.

After we brainstorm next week, it would be a good idea to share our ideas with the forum so members in other locations can also get involved in fundraising. If enough members got involved and enough good ideas were initiated, the cost to most members could possibly be simply transportation costs.

I worry about burning out too! That is why everyday I'm asking for Help! I never did that before. I thought I was Superman, and I probably was for at least a short period.

I can't do it all anymore. I've given too much of myself and don't have much left. I do need help with this and I'm glad so many are helping out so far!

Thanks!

Whatever happens, Tiffaney must be there to make us all delicious meals, lets fundraise and send them for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not completely raw anymore anyways, doesn't work for me. I am now just on cooked legumes, and the rest raw. about 80-90% raw with some cooked legumes.

Do cupcakes count as legumes? Just wondering...

Like everyone else, I'm very much looking forward to having Tiffaney in the VV07 kitchen.

I've never claimed to be raw though Michelle, though I eat really high raw in the summer when the produce is amazing and it's cheap as hell.

Seriously though, she's really good at what she does, but I was being more general when I said "Screw it" when she's cooking.

Do cupcakes count as legumes? Just wondering...

Like everyone else, I'm very much looking forward to having Tiffaney in the VV07 kitchen.

At VV '07, anything counts as legumes...

Anymore thoughts on this? I was chatting with someone the other day who is from another state and traveling costs will be an issue. It reminded me that we need to start on the fundraising soon so costs for everyone involved will be lowered.

I can brainstorm on my own, or get together with some people around Portland.

We can publicly brainstorm here in this thread as well. The main thing we need to do is take action, not just sit on it and spend 6 months brainstorming.

I've got some good ideas for things to do locally (the restaurant idea I mentioned.....at least think I mentioned previously).

Sleep time for me. Let's get those ideas flowing and then into action.

I'm trying to find a way to help everyone so we'd cut down on a lot of general costs. But I think if we voted, many of us would agree to give a little extra to those traveling from very far away places.

Thanks for not fogetting them

Locally, I can get all kinds of food donated as well as other things that would be helpful.

I can also do a lot of cash fundraising locally too. I just think the more people involved, the more $ we can raise and the less $ each of us will need for this event.

Let's raise thousands! Seriously. Let's do it.

I have an idea for fundraising. Any of us can get together and have a large yard sale with items that might otherwise be donated or sit in a garage for years. I, for instance, am not allowed to have yard sales/garage sales/estate sales where I live. Therefore, I usually donate things to the Goodwill, etc. We could also ask friends and family to donate things for a yard sale, making it even bigger, with all proceeds going to the VV fund.

Great idea DV!

I can definitely donate stuff & would help staff the sale if I can depending on when/where it's held. I live in an apartment & would prefer not to do the sale here though...

Robert & Dave - could we do a sale (maybe more than one?) at your place?

Can anyone else host a yard/garage sale?

Awesome Rawj!

Are you planning on donating or registering?

You can make a payment as part of registration, or just make a donation.

Either way, it will be great! Just make it clear if you are registering to attend so I can add you to the confirmed attendees list.

Here is the info from our Registration thread at the top of the Vegan Vacation section. Just follow these steps:

Attention VBB&F forum members, Vegan Vacation 2007 is rapidly approaching and arrangements must be made to properly prepare for this event. In an attempt to better organize the event, we are now requesting an RSVP as well as $100.00 deposit for each person attending the event. This will be used to place a deposit on lodgings as well as other event related expenses. This deposit will be applied to total lodging costs related to this event. Exact location is TBD but at this point is looking to be Hood River, OR. further details will be determined by the exact number of guests attending. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please reply with your RSVP to this address including your full name contact info and number of guests attending [email protected] and please send your deposit using http://www.paypal.com to this address [email protected] Upon receipt of payment you will receive a confirmation with a receipt to keep for your records. Thank you ahead of time, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!

Any questions and or concerns can be sent to [email protected] or you can PM Robert for details. thanx!

Refund details:

A full refund can be obtained before or on March 15th 2007 minus $3.20 for paypal processing fees.

After March 15th a 50% refund can be obtained up until May 28th 2007.

No refunds will be available after the dates listed, as to ensure proper funding for all lodging.

Once payment has been received we will update our Confirmed Attendees list and add your name to it. The first 24 people signed up will be staying in the main Vacation Home.

See you this summer!

I currently don't know for sure If I will be able to make it (My brother is getting married this summer (no set date yet) and he ,along with the rest of my family, lives in Ohio. So for now I will just donate the $25.

Well, depending on the date of the wedding, you could hitch a ride from Oregon to Ohio with Michael and I. We'll be headed back through on our way home to the Pittsburgh area after vegan vacation. FYI.

I currently don't know for sure If I will be able to make it (My brother is getting married this summer (no set date yet) and he ,along with the rest of my family, lives in Ohio. So for now I will just donate the $25.

Cool, thanks for the update and we really appreciate the donation! We have a really cool group of people and this summer's event will be fun.

Congratulations to your brother! Weddings are great!

On a side note....Portland VegFest is on May 12th this year, so keep that in mind. It will be an awesome event.

• 1 month later...

We're doing a large Yard Sale at People's Food Co-op in April or May (I'm thinking May sometime around VegFest). This should raise a few hundred dollars, if not more. I'm still working on some restaurant fund raisers too.

Any other ideas or anyone else doing anything to help raise some funds for our gathering?

Funds help cover:

Food

Travel

Lodging

Entertainment

Gifts/things to take home

etc.

I've got several of my signed and numbered prints that I would be pleased to donate to this good cause. What they need is someone to either just shrink-wrap them on foamcore, or actually frame them for display. is there anyone in the forum who can do that?? Do you have a venue in which they might be sold? I'd be happy to give you several if you think it would help.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy All,

It looks like fundraising efforts have stalled and/or never really gotten going in the first place... I know that Robert is working on setting up at least a couple of yard sales. We could really use some help with this!

Right now, we are collecting donations of items to be sold, so if it's clean, usable, located in Portland & vegan(of course!): we'll take it! Just contact Robert or myself to arrange a time & place to drop stuff off.

If you have been doing/planning fundraising activities, please let us know about it. If not, please consider making a donation or organizing an event - yard or bake sale can be fun, easy & a great way to raise some cash quickly!

I just got a bunch of cool stuff from my sister too!

Oh, I also talked with Food Fight! and we can do a yard sale in their parking lot anytime!

So, I figure, after the May 5th event at People's, we do one in June and one in July at Food Fight! That should raise a few hundred dollars in total and it will help with costs for everyone.

Please join in and help support the Vegan Vacation!

So where and when would you like me to bring my items to the yard sale? Should I just bring them by People's the day of the sale? Or would you like to see them earlier to get an idea of what to charge?

Hey DV, thanks. I'd like to get them before so we can box things up by price or by category (clothing, electronics, etc.). And to know how much stuff we're looking at for space issues, etc.

I'll just keep the items in my basement until the day of and I'll have a couple of people help transport them over there.

Whatever doesn't sell I'll hang onto for the yard sales we'll do outside of Food Fight in June and July.

Thanks!